Announcing Open Call for Talent in Los Angeles for the 3rd Annual Zeitgeist Media Festival Sunday, August 4, 2013 at Avalon Hollywood
Socially Conscious, Multi-Media Festival Receiving Submissions in: Music, Short Films, Comedy, Art, Speakers, Performance Art
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, festival founder Peter Joseph announces an open "Call Out for Talent" for the 2013 Zeitgeist Media Festival in Los Angeles, CA. Talent submissions are now being received for socially conscious music, speakers, short films, artwork, comedy, dance and performance art for consideration for the 2013 Los Angeles festival.
View videos of previous performances at the Zeitgeist Media Festival in Los Angeles.
The Zeitgeist Media Festival has occurred the last 2 years with over 40 parallel events across 20 countries each year, with the main event in Los Angeles. Going into its third year, this not-for-profit Activist Arts Festival continues to highlight socially conscious music, visual and interactive art, comedy, film shorts, speakers and theatrics. Some of the previous performers and presenters have been:
- Lili Haydn, Violin Virtuoso and Activist
- Sussan Deyhim, World Renowned Sufi Singer & Composer
- Natacha Atlas, Powerhouse World Singer
- Marianne Williamson, International Best-selling Author, Lecturer
- Tim Kring, Emmy Nominated TV Writer "Heroes," "Touch"
- Rutger Hauer, Dutch Actor, "Blade Runner," Environmental Activist
- James Cromwell, Jason Silva, Rutger Hauer in Short Films Screened
- Cofield Mundi, Chart-topping South African Songwriter, Singer
- Luminaries, Popular Hip-Hop Band and "Emissaries of Peace"
- Rick Overton, Emmy Award Winning Writer and Comedian
- Lee Camp, Controversial Comic, Actor, Activist and Writer
- Artwork by Mear One, Banksy and other Socially Conscious Artists
- Norton Wisdom, Acclaimed Interpretive Performance Painter
- Peter Joseph 'Zeitgeist' Filmmaker, Musician, Zeitgeist Movement Founder
Partners for previous year's festivals include: Artivist Film Festival, KPFK Radio, Avalon Hollywood, Project Peace On Earth, Stickam.com, Cell-nique, LA Food Bank, Creative Visions, Good Planet Media, Leaders Causing Leaders
While started by the non-profit, social sustainability activist organization The Zeitgeist Movement, the Zeitgeist Media Festival is open to any socially conscious group which also wishes to join in the expression for a more balanced, peaceful world through the medium of art.
The Zeitgeist Media Festival is a global, multimedia event working to utilize the Arts as an avenue to create sustainable values in the pursuit of a better world. ZMF bridges the artistic & activist communities in the hope to inspire a socially conscious change in values. The festival will take place Sunday, August 4, 2013 at the historic Avalon Theater in Hollywood.
Mission Statement: The Mission of The Zeitgeist Media Festival is to unify the world through annual awareness events that bridge the difference between all nations, races, classes, genders and creeds; to understand we all share the same basic needs; to understand we are truly One Family sharing One Habitat and that our world views and hence societal approaches should reflect this foundational Global Perspective.
Sharleen Bazeghi, 424-261-2284
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Zeitgeist Media Festival
More by this Source
Announcing the 3rd Annual Zeitgeist Media Festival Sunday, August 4, 2013 Avalon Hollywood
Jun 26, 2013, 08:55 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.