SUWANEE, Ga., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today announced its next generation DOCSIS® 3.0 wireless in-home network gateways capable of delivering video and data at near 1 Gigabit speeds. Cable operators can use these gateways to provide subscribers with high bandwidth, triple play and multiscreen services. The gateways will be on display at ARRIS booth #2802 during SCTE Cable Tec Expo in Orlando, October 16-19, 2012 and will be available in Q1, 2013 to start customer certifications.
The newest Touchstone voice and data devices provide flexible options for 16x4 and 24x8 channel bonding. The gateways includes Intel® PUMA™6 and Intel PUMA6 media gateways Intel Puma 6-MG); MaxLinear's Full Spectrum Capture™ front end receivers; and Celeno's CLR260 3x3:3 (MIMO) Wi-Fi technology with beam forming in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. This new family of next generation gateways delivers multiple home networks for carrier class distribution of all IP video, data and voice:
- Model DG2470: 24x8 Data Gateway with Dual Band Concurrent Wireless and integrated MoCA
- Model TG2472: 24x8 Telephony Gateway with Dual Band Concurrent Wireless and integrated MoCA
- Model DG1660: 16x4 Data Gateway with Dual Band Concurrent Wireless
- Model DG1670: 16x4 Data Gateway with Dual Band Concurrent Wireless and integrated MoCA
- Model TG1642: 16x4 Telephony Gateway with Single Band Wireless
- Model TG1662: 16x4 Telephony Gateway with Dual Band Concurrent Wireless
- Model TG1672: 16x4 Telephony Gateway with Dual Band Concurrent Wireless and integrated MoCA
Cable operators choosing the appropriate ARRIS Touchstone gateways can:
- Deliver the next step in TV Everywhere services and high speed connectivity
- Offer the home or small office subscriber with a business class wireless solution
- Increase ARPU and retention with multiple services like triple play, wireless home hotspots and home automation
- Ensure the integrity of subscriber data with multiple options in wireless security
- Deploy a carrier grade MoCA network for Video and IP distribution in the home
"With every device consumers add to their in-home networks, the demand for bandwidth must be met. Consequently, speed leadership is a pillar of our customers' competitive position," said Derek Elder, SVP and GM of the ARRIS Touchstone CPE Division. "ARRIS has been the world leader in DOCSIS CPE for years because we understand that one product cannot serve all of the application needs of service providers. We are announcing today a complete portfolio of DOCSIS 3.0 voice and data gateways designed to assure that our customers deploy precisely the right bandwidth and services for each application with the best in-home wireless coverage and performance."
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of communications and IP technologies that support broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver and monitor advanced video, data and voice subscriber services, including whole home video across multiple screens, ultra high-speed data, personalized advertising and carrier-grade telephony. Headquartered near Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Cork, Ireland; Kirkland, WA; Redwood City, CA; Shenzhen, China; State College, PA; Tel Aviv, Israel; Wallingford, CT and Westborough, MA, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.