Ask.com Launches Android App Mobile Q&A Service Combines Search Plus Live Community to Deliver Android Users Immediate Answers to Questions
OAKLAND, Calif., Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ask.com today launched its flagship mobile application for the Google Android Platform, the only app to integrate Q&A-focused web search with timely answers from real people in a single, on-the-go experience. The availability of Ask.com on Android follows the launch of its popular Q&A app for iPhone, which recently passed one million downloads and is one of the top reference apps in the iPhone store. The Ask.com Android app is now available in the Android Marketplace and Amazon AppStore for Android.
"We have placed a big bet on mobile as part of our growth strategy, and it's paying off with four times the answer rate as our site users," said Jason Rupp, senior director of product management at Ask.com. "Over the last three quarters there was triple digit growth in traffic from smartphones to the Ask.com mobile site, and 60 percent of that was Android. To win in mobile, you must win on Android."
Ask.com on Android includes all of the functionality of its iPhone application, with some unique enhancements. Features include:
- Voice to text: Simply ask questions, no typing required.
- Web combined with real people: Get web results as well as top-voted published answers from other Ask.com users in milliseconds.
- Send a question to a real user: Want another opinion? Route the question to a live person in the Ask.com Q&A community, or browse and respond to other users' questions.
- Set it and forget it: Push notifications alert you to when a new answer has arrived.
- Personalize Q&A by interest: New for Android users, the app allows you to filter Q&A by topics that match your profile.
- Follow feature: Follow users who provide interesting answers, and personalize your Q&A experience with content from these connections.
To download the Ask for Android app, go to www.ask.com/mobile.
Ask.com is the number one online brand for questions and answers and an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI). The Ask Network of sites is the fourth largest property in the US for unique searches according to April 2011 comScore data with 94 million domestic unique monthly users. Ask.com also syndicates search and advertising solutions to a network of affiliate partners.