DALLAS, Feb. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T* today announced the availability of the AT&T FamilyMap App on the App Store. The app provides families with a more seamless experience when locating and connecting with one another on the go using iPhone.
The AT&T FamilyMap app brings a streamlined approach to helping families stay up to speed on each other's whereabouts by locating wireless devices within a shared family account. The app provides iPhone users with access to FamilyMap's popular features, which until now, were only accessible through a computer. For example:
- Interactive Map: View whereabouts within an interactive map, including surrounding landmarks such as schools and parks; and, toggle between satellite and interactive street maps.
- Personalize: Assign a name and photo to each device within an account, and label frequently visited locations such as "Bobby's house" and "School."
iPhone customers can also take advantage of additional FamilyMap features, including:
- Schedule Checks: Use the app to see if a family member is on schedule. Parents can schedule and receive text and email alerts.
- My Places: Set up and view a list of landmarks within the app. Users can display the landmark on the map, edit the landmark's details, and remove or add landmarks.
- Map Panning: Use the innovative Multi-Touch user interface to pan the map until you find the location of a specific family member's wireless device.
- On-Demand Locating: Locate a family member by logging into the service from iPhone or a computer.
- Messaging: Once a family member is located, quickly contact them directly from the app via e-mail, SMS or voice call.
- Compatibility: AT&T FamilyMap works on any AT&T phone with post-paid service.
Customers can download the AT&T FamilyMap App from the App Store on iPhone or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Consistent with AT&T FamilyMap pricing across AT&T's wireless portfolio, users can locate up to two phones on an account for a monthly subscription of $9.99, or up to five phones for $14.99 per month.
Peace of Mind.
First launched in spring 2009, AT&T FamilyMap provides parents and families with the ability to easily locate a family member's wireless device using either a compatible handset or computer.
In keeping with AT&T's industry-leading stance on privacy, AT&T FamilyMap can only be established for numbers listed within a shared billing account. The account owner oversees all privacy preferences and is notified when devices within the account first become locatable.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Device to be located must be turned on and on the AT&T Network. Coverage not available in all areas. Service availability, timeliness or accuracy of location is not guaranteed. While any post-paid FamilyMap phone can be located with AT&T FamilyMap, the most accurate locations available are with A-GPS (Assisted GPS) phones that use the FamilyMap network and have a clear line of sight to GPS satellites (e.g. outdoors or on a car dashboard). Devices not in a clear line of sight to GPS satellites or non A-GPS devices may return a locate via network triangulation with an accuracy of a few hundred yards to a few miles.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse(SM) and AT&T |DIRECTV(SM) brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T's Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine's list of the World's Most Admired Companies. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. For more information, please review this announcement in the AT&T newsroom at http://www.att.com/newsroom.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.