AWeber Communications Receives LEED Gold Certification for Email Marketing Headquarters
CHALFONT, Pa., Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AWeber Communications is proud to announce that it has achieved LEED Gold Certification for its new 71,000 square foot world headquarters located in Chalfont, Pennsylvania.
The building, designed by Wulff Architects Inc., was created to express, through architectural design, AWeber's "Core Values:"
- Create Remarkable Experiences.
- Foster Respect and Cooperation.
- Listen to What People Say About Us. Invite Feedback.
- Learn Educate. Innovate.
- Don't Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun.
AWeber's new office building satisfies LEED's requirements as an environmentally friendly structure with clean ongoing facility management. LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a program that provides verification of exceptionally designed green buildings.
"I am proud of this building. It provides a safe, clean and remarkable experience for our hardworking team members to focus on their daily missions," said Tom Kulzer, AWeber's Founder. "It's an honor to achieve this gold rating, and AWeber will do everything it can to not only continue caring for the environment, but to be a model for success for other companies."
Throughout every stage of the building's renovation -- and in establishing its current operations -- AWeber embraced "green" practices and the latest technology solutions to minimize its environmental impact.
Some sustainable highlights of 1100 Manor Drive include:
- All electricity usage offset with renewable energy generation certificates.
- A 20 foot Bio-wall featuring over 2,000 plants increases oxygen and air quality.
- A two-story rain curtain provides access to nature.
- Daylight harvesting reduces energy consumption.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows brighten the entire office with natural sunlight.
- Window shades automatically adjust based on the position of the sun.
- Toilets, urinals and faucets are low-flow water-efficient.
- A state-of-the-art building management system monitors over 50,000 points in the building every 15 seconds, providing optimal light, temperature control and minimal waste.
"AWeber is a company that really cares about our environment and they want others to care, too," said Mike Flanagan, Senior Facilities Manager. "Buildings represent the largest energy users in the world and I am proud to work for a company that's involved in these types of energy-saving techniques."
AWeber's unique culture and approach to business has been recognized recently through numerous awards, including the 2012 Eastern Montgomery County Business of the Year Award, the 2012 PA Best Places to Work Awards by the Central Penn Business Journal, 2012 and 2013 Best Places to Work Awards by the Philadelphia Business Journal and Philly.com.
AWeber, headquartered in Chalfont, Pa., helps more than 120,000 businesses, entrepreneurs and bloggers increase sales and profits through its suite of web-based email marketing software. The privately held company was founded in 1998. For more information, visit aweber.com, subscribe to the AWeber blog, or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
Media Contact: Brandyn Bissinger
firstname.lastname@example.org /(267) 446-7010
SOURCE AWeber Communications