LOS ANGELES, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "BED FOR A VET," a nationwide initiative spearheaded by KLEAN Treatment Center CEO Andrew Spanswick and KLEAN Radio talk show host Judah Friedman launches today, Veteran's Day, November 11, 2013. http://bedforavet.com/
Spanswick, a renowned mental health expert often called on by the major news networks, leading magazines and popular media for his expertise in addiction disorders including dual diagnosis and Friedman, host of the popular national program Klean Radio, broadcast every Sunday evening from KABC Studios in Los Angeles, have created a national outreach campaign to over 14,000 treatment centers across the U.S. for each to donate one bed plus rehabilitative services for military veterans with the goal of treating a portion of the 20% active and 42% reserve component soldiers requiring mental health treatment for substance abuse, PTSD and/or dual diagnosis.
- A study of Army soldiers screened 3 to 4 months after returning from deployment to Iraq showed that 27% met criteria for alcohol abuse
- The 2010 report of the Army Suicide Prevention Task Force found that 29% of active duty Army suicides from 2005-2009 involved alcohol or drug use
- In 2008, 11% of service members reported misusing prescription drugs
- From 2005-March 2007, 3,057 veterans were diagnosed with a drug dependency. (Veterans Health Administration)
- In 2008, 20% of military personnel reported binge drinking every week
KLEAN Treatment Center http://kleantreatmentcenter.com/, a leading addiction treatment center that specializes in 24/7 individualized care providing the most modern and successful treatments available under the supervision of leading medical professionals, has donated beds & services to over 300 needy individuals providing them with tools of recovery since they've opened their doors, Since 2008, the VA has seen a 33% increase in the number of veterans requesting mental health services; they just can't keep up.
This Veterans Day, Spanswick and Friedman issue a call to action to all rehabs across the country to join the power of "we" in making a difference to provide the opportunity for a better life to vets with addiction, dual diagnosis issues and PTSD. To sign up (or in need of mental health care services), go to: http://bedforavet.com/
Contact: Monique Moss 310-858-8230; 310-994-4582 email@example.com