Black Friday 2011: PriceGrabber® Reveals Most Popular Products and Shopping Times
Consumers utilize mobile devices to shop for consoles, TVs, and tablets
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- PriceGrabber®, a part of Experian, revealed the most popular products and categories online consumers shopped for on Black Friday 2011. Popular products included the Canon® EOS Rebel T2i Black SLR Digital Camera Kit, Samsung® LCD TVs, and video game consoles. PriceGrabber also found that consumers turned to their mobile device when shopping for electronics.
PriceGrabber's recent survey found that of the 13 percent of consumers who plan to buy gifts from a mobile device this holiday season, 38 percent said they will do most of their mobile shopping on Black Friday.
Top 10 most popular Black Friday products visited on PriceGrabber's mobile website and applications on Black Friday 2011 (iPhone®, Android™, and iPad®)
1. Sony PlayStation®3 Slim 160GB Console
2. Samsung® UN55D6000 55" LED TV
3. Microsoft Xbox 360® 4GB Console with Kinect
4. LeapFrog® LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet
5. Canon® EOS Rebel T3 Black SLR Digital Camera Kit
6. Apple® iPod Touch® 4th Generation 8GB Black
7. Apple MacBook® Pro 13.3" Silver Notebook
8. Canon® EOS Rebel T3i Black SLR Digital Camera Kit
9. Apple® iPad™ 2 16 GB Wi-Fi Black Tablet
10. Nintendo® Black Wii™ Console w/ Mario Kart
Top 5 most popular Black Friday categories visited on PriceGrabber's mobile website and applications on Black Friday 2011 (iPhone, Android, and iPad)
1. Plasma & LCD TVs
3. Tablets & E-Readers
4. Consoles & Accessories
Most popular Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping times on PriceGrabber.com
- On Thanksgiving, there was a massive surge in online traffic between the hours of 6:00pm until 11:00pm PT in preparation for Black Friday shopping.
- The most popular shopping time on Black Friday was 8:00am to 10:00am PT.
Most popular tech categories
1. Plasma & LCD TVs
4. Hard Drives
5. Tablets & E-Readers
Most popular non-tech categories
1. Consoles & Accessories
2. Educational Toys
3. Vacuum & Steam Cleaners
5. Games & Puzzles
Most popular products
1. Canon® EOS Rebel T2i Black SLR Digital Camera Kit
2. Acer® Aspire One 531h-1729 Black Netbook
3. Canon® EOS Rebel T1i Black SLR Digital Camera Kit
4. Nintendo® White Wii™ Console with Wii Sports Resort
5. Samsung® LN32C350 32" LCD TV
6. Samsung® UN55C8000 55" 3D LED TV
7. Microsoft Xbox 360® 250GB Console with Kinect
8. Apple® iPod Touch® 4th Generation 32GB Black
9. HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mini 110-1144NR Netbook
10. Canon® EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera
11. Garmin® nuvi® 1490LMT Automobile Portable Navigator
To view all of PriceGrabber's holiday shopping press releases, please visit
PriceGrabber, a part of Experian, is a leading online shopping site with more than 23 million unique shoppers monthly. At PriceGrabber, savvy shoppers can instantly find and compare millions of unique products and services across 25 categories with more than 11,000 merchants. Compare products side by side to find the right retailers at the best prices within popular categories, such as Digital Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Books, TVs and more. PriceGrabber provides shoppers with the right product from the right merchant at the best price anytime, anywhere. Visit us at http://www.pricegrabber.com.
Experian® is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 80 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended 31 March 2011 was US$4.2 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 41 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.