BELOIT, Wis., Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With most of the attention given to this year's video game bundles, tablets and TV doorbusters, FatWallet.com reveals its annual list of Black Friday budget deals. Leaked 2015 Black Friday ads feature more than 2,000 deals for under $5, 6,500 under $10 and nearly 13,000 under $20, with more than half of these featuring savings of 50% off or more. This year, consumer electronics and computer deals make up less than 10% of seasonally advertised items, and despite some of the lowest prices ever on 4K TV deals, there are just 280 Black Friday TV deals in ads (620 in 2014). In contrast, there are over 400 Star Wars deals in a wide variety of merchandise categories and more than 800 deals for pet items.
"Each year, it's easy to focus on the big-ticket doorbusters, but the hidden gems of Black Friday lie in the budget deals and everyday items that don't make the headlines," stated Brent Shelton, FatWallet Shopping Expert. "Last year's surprise Black Friday theme was driven by the LEGO movie, this year it's Star Wars merchandise at huge discounts, of which many may become collectibles."
Five Black Friday Hidden Treasures:
- The Star Wars Black Friday: Beyond the expected toys and video games, Black Friday offers a great opportunity to grab a deal on a Star Wars collectible. For example, Kohl's and other retailers have action figures under $10 and men's socks and T-shirts under $5. Macy's has Star Wars character sleepwear 65% off. Meijer has Episode 7 Extendable Lightsabers for $5. True Value has 28" lighted yard characters for $40. Half Price Books has a Star Wars "Absolutely Everything You Need to Know" Star Wars Book for $16 and a Star Wars 4-16 oz. Pint set for $22.
- Begging for Black Friday pet deals: PetSmart is offering 50% off pet beds, Petco is offering FREE Max Antlers for dogs and Grinch headpieces for cats and Menards has $3 pet sweaters. It's also a really great time to save money on pet food and treats, including Amazon with 60% off Nylabones and PetSmart giving $5 towards food purchases with every $35 spent. True Value has $2 dog and cat toys and PetSmart is offering 50% off of live reptiles.
- Packed with Black Friday luggage deals: With over 200 luggage items to choose from, Macy's has the Tag Matrix Herdside Spinner Suitcase for $50, and JCPenney and Kohl's have similar carry on rollers for $40. The majority of big box stores offer full 5 pc. luggage sets for $50, which is $100 or more off name brand products like American Tourist, Samsonite, Swiss Gear and Tag. Target has Star Wars kids carry on luggage for $25.
- Get creative with Black Friday arts & crafts deals: More than 500 items are on sale, including Michael's offering 30% off your entire purchase (in-store and online). Many stores have B1G1 assorted Crayola, Sharpie, and kids activities kits. JoAnn fabrics has up to 75% off solids, prints, flannels and fleece fabrics. Also a good time to save money on supplies to make your own cards and decorations.
- Tune up to Black Friday automotive deals: Shoppers have more than 250 auto items to buy from, including BOGO Rain X Weather Beater Wipers and Ice Scrapers at Meijer, and True Value has Jumper Cables for $6 and 750V Jump Starters for $20. Sears is offering B3G1 Roadhandler tires with free installation, a $50 Sears Gift Card and $100 in store points. Cabbala's has 25% off SPG floor mats and seat covers. Walmart has Goodyear tires starting at $54 each.
Winner of the most unique Black Friday door prize? If you live in Florida and shop at Beall's, shoppers can register to win one of ten Guy Harvey limited edition Paddle Boards ($1500 value). Honorable mention goes to Old Navy offering the first 50 shoppers in line at each store a chance to win $1 million.
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,700+ retailers like eBay, Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon to publish store discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet has paid more than $50 million in cash back to its members since 2004. The new FatWallet Cash Back App and FatWallet Express button assure shoppers they'll get cash back on every purchase.