COLUMBIA, Md., Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BoxTone, the leader in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), today announced a significant advancement to its EMM platform, delivering the first fully automated policy and compliance management engine with a comprehensive real-time mobile security dashboard, analytics, alerting, audit reporting and expanded integration with enterprise IT systems. With this enhanced offering, enterprises can now extend their existing investments in people, processes and infrastructure to fully secure, manage and govern mobility as they do other critical enterprise IT systems.
Built from more than six years in enterprise mobility and rich experience in enterprise-grade IT Service Management (ITSM), the expanded BoxTone EMM platform takes an ITSM-based approach to mobile security, governance, risk and compliance. By combining direct integration with existing policy and security systems – such as Microsoft Active Directory – with automated policy, change and compliance management, BoxTone empowers enterprise CIOs and CISOs to substantially reduce risks and costs associated with human errors and gaps in coverage.
"Most MDM technologies to date have adopted a manual, proprietary approach solely focused on initial device provisioning," said Brian Reed, Vice President of Products, BoxTone. "But this 'set it and forget it' old world approach is doomed to failure as deployments become more dynamic and move from the hundreds to thousands of mobile devices and applications across the distributed enterprise. As the mobile deployment grows, risks grow exponentially without automation and direct integration with existing IT systems, leaving the enterprise exposed to security failures, regulatory breaches, service degradation and financial loss. With this major advance in our EMM platform, BoxTone has aligned enterprise mobility management with core IT services to help organizations accelerate and sustain mobility initiatives-securely, reliably and at the lowest risk and cost."
BoxTone Extends the Enterprise
According to the Aberdeen study, "Enterprise Mobility Management is Not a Peripheral – It is Core IT," IT policies, procedures and tools used to enable employee mobility must become an integral part of business so that, regardless of ownership (i.e. employee vs. corporate), mobile devices become governed and managed like all other IT assets. CIOs, CISOs and enterprise IT organizations realize this, and understand truly successful and secure mobility requires automated security and management of all mobile devices/services linked to existing systems; real-time visibility of security posture and a fully auditable mobile analytics archive; integrated reporting for audit and proof of controls; and enterprise-grade hardened, secure and reliable EMM software.
BoxTone's EMM platform now delivers full enterprise-grade security, management and governance based on key enhancements made to its automated Mobile Device Management (MDM) Engine, which include:
- BoxTone Security Management Dashboard: Provides real-time visibility into the global mobile security posture and compliance status – from across the enterprise down to the individual device – with trending information and acute details on security gaps or non-compliance.
- BoxTone Policy Management: Automatically maps and extends existing enterprise policy typically defined and managed in Active Directory, then automatically synchronizes policy adds, changes and removes to all devices with no manual intervention.
- BoxTone Configuration Management: Automatically adjusts device configurations based on changes to mobile and enterprise policies with no manual intervention.
- BoxTone Compliance Management: Continuously monitors the end-to-end security status of all enterprise devices, applications, mobile services, dependent infrastructure and existing security and policy systems, and automatically detects, remediates and logs violations with no manual intervention.
- BoxTone Mobile Analytics: Includes comprehensive data warehouse and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) reporting to deliver a holistic approach with full audit capabilities and proof of controls.
- BoxTone Platform Integration: The expanded EMM platform integrates with existing security and policy management systems to ensure consistent policy enforcement across the enterprise; eliminates the typical risks associated with traditional MDM tools that create their own separate, gap-riddled policy stove-pipes.
Reed continued, "Enterprise mobility cannot be done in isolation and it cannot be seen as a simple feature/function MDM checklist. The enterprise cannot afford the systemic cost, compliance and risk exposure. To truly manage mobility, organizations must look to solutions that have the right security architecture that bring together full security and compliance controls, automation, and seamless integration with core IT systems and infrastructure."
BoxTone is hosting the webinar "How CIOs & CISOs Can Now Secure and Govern Mobile Devices Like All Other Critical IT Systems" on Wednesday, October 5 at 11 a.m. EDT, to demonstrate how Enterprise Mobility Management – built to CIO and CISO specifications – will enable IT mobility staffs to:
- Leverage IT policies contained in Active Directory and extend them to mobile
- Gain real-time visibility into the global mobile security and compliance status
- Automatically detect, remediate and log policy violations
- Establish Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) reporting that delivers a holistic approach with full audit capabilities and proof of controls
- Drive down the mobility risks and costs associated with human errors and gaps in coverage
BoxTone is the leader in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). With nearly 1 million devices under management, BoxTone's automated EMM platform is trusted by more than 400 of the world's leading enterprises and government agencies, including 40 of the Fortune® 100, to ensure maximum mobile performance & security at the lowest cost and risk. BoxTone's single unified mobile management platform powered by patented real-time automation technology addresses the entire mobile lifecycle: mobile device management, support management, operations management and business management. BoxTone delivers real-time centralized control of all mobile devices including Apple iPhone and iPad, Google Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices; mobile connectivity services including Microsoft ActiveSync, BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Good Technology; and enterprise mobile applications. Learn more at www.boxtone.com or call +1 410.910.3344.
BoxTone and the BoxTone logo are trademarks of BoxTone. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Ruder Finn for BoxTone
Director, Marketing at BoxTone