Bright House Networks Brings Customers NBCUniversal's Coverage Of 2012 London Summer Olympic Games July 25 - August 12
Video Subscribers Gain Access to Unprecedented Live Coverage on Multiple Platforms
ORLANDO, Fla., July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bright House Networks, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal's coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games to commence on Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, August 12. Designed to provide video customers with access to NBCUniversal's more than 5,535 hours of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever. Bright House Networks will offer NBCUniversal's Olympic content live and on-demand, across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D.
In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, two HD specialty channels and a 3D channel, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
As part of a Bright House Networks customer's video subscription, which includes all Olympic television content, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic content to subscribers live and on-demand, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal's Olympic programming extends Bright House Networks customers' opportunities to watch the Games wherever they are at no additional charge.
Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow Bright House Networks customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games, including live streaming, VOD, mobile and tablet apps, and a 3D channel.
NBCUniversal's Olympics Experience on Bright House Networks includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes CNBC and MSNBC and who sign-in with their Bright House Networks My Services username and password. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that Bright House Networks customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Bright House Networks customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com or brighthouse.com/myservices:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the "Click here & Get Ready" button
- Select Bright House Networks as your cable provider
- Enter your Bright House Networks My Services username and password that corresponds with your account
- You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified Bright House Networks customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Bright House Networks' Video-On-Demand service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
- In Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
- 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to Bright House Networks customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
- Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to Bright House Networks customers, and will total 770 hours of NBC's HD coverage. For channel numbers, view your channel lineup.
The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit NBCOlympics.com or brighthouse.com.
About NBC Olympics
A division of the NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal's Olympic coverage. It is renowned for its unsurpassed Olympic heritage, award-winning production, and ability to aggregate the largest audiences in U.S. television history.
Having produced every Summer Olympics since Seoul in 1988 and every Winter Olympics since Salt Lake City in 2002, the networks of NBCUniversal are synonymous with the Games in the United States. In 2011, NBCUniversal acquired the U.S. media rights on all platforms to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics, the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, and the 2020 Summer Olympics. At the conclusion of the 2020 Games, NBCUniversal will have presented 17 total Olympic Games and 11 consecutive, the most for a U.S. media company in both categories.
NBC has won an unprecedented 91 Emmy Awards for its Olympics coverage, as well as a prestigious Peabody Award for its presentation of the Beijing Opening Ceremony in 2008, which USA Today said was "the best overall Olympic experience ever provided by a U.S. network."
In addition to its unsurpassed heritage and award-winning production, NBCUniversal is known for aggregating large Olympic audiences, as nine of the top 11 most-watched U.S. television events of all time are Olympic Games presented across the networks of NBCUniversal. The Beijing Summer Olympics rank No. 1 with 215 million viewers.
About Bright House Networks
Bright House Networks is the sixth largest owner and operator of cable systems in the U.S. and the second largest in Florida, with technologically advanced systems located in five states including Florida, Alabama, Indiana, Michigan and California.
Bright House Networks serves more than 2.5 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. The company also offers a full suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Bright House Media Strategies, the advertising arm of Bright House Networks, offers businesses advanced targeted advertising solutions. Bright House Networks also owns and operates exclusive local news and sports channels in its Florida markets. More information is available online at brighthouse.com.
SOURCE Bright House Networks
More by this Source
Bright House Networks Signs Agreement with Florida Polytechnic University
Nov 19, 2013, 10:00 ET
Bright House Networks lanza nuevas cadenas Univision Deportes Network y Univision tlNovelas
Oct 10, 2013, 16:54 ET
Bright House Networks Launches Univision Deportes Network and Univision tlNovelas
Oct 09, 2013, 18:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.