SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- INTERNET OF THINGS WORLD -- Buddy Platform (BUD.ASX), a data aggregation and management platform, today announced its showcase events at Internet of Things World, to be held May 10-12 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Silicon Valley. Buddy provides an easily deployed, highly secure, global cloud IoT Graph that processes raw, streaming data generated by hundreds of millions of connected devices, appliances, and sensors, then makes it accessible to businesses for action.
Reflecting the business and environmental opportunities that access real-time, streaming IoT data represents, Buddy's IoT World event lineup includes:
- Buddy CEO David McLauchlan's talk, "Enabling the Quantified Economy," May 11, 11:20 A.M. PST
- Buddyville, a fully powered and connected Lego smart city
- Connected city demos featuring leading IoT players and Buddy partners Gimbal (mobile engagement), Marvell (silicon solutions), Noveda (energy and resource usage monitoring), Ubicquia (smart city infrastructure) and Zentri (secure, connected platform for IoT) illustrate the Quantified Economy at work, where real-time data access, processing and analysis allow organizations to unlock new business value
- Preview launch of a wholly re-designed Buddy Developer Portal
- Launch of Buddy's new Two-Way Communication functionality, which enables control of devices or systems based on processing of data ingested from those same systems
- Launch of Buddy's new Windows IoT Core SDK, offering native access to Buddy's IoT Data Graph from any silicon platform running Microsoft's Windows IoT Core
David McLauchlan, Buddy Platform CEO, on Enabling the Quantified Economy
Buddy Platform CEO David McLauchlan will deliver the opening session of the IoT and Cloud speaking track with a talk on "Enabling the Quantified Economy" at 11:20 A.M. on Wednesday, May 11.
McLauchlan will discuss how to harness the explosion of IoT data to realize a market opportunity estimated to reach $1.3 trillion by 2020, and expose areas where IoT has understated potential. He will also delve into how the IoT community can solve, even predict, community disasters such as the water crisis in Flint, Mich., through IoT for Impact, an initiative for social good.
Buddyville, a fully powered and connected Lego smart city
Built with more than 13,000 Lego pieces, Buddyville is the hero of Buddy's exhibition space (Booth #112). It demonstrates Buddy's powerful and scalable backend data services combined with smart city sensors increasingly found in cities around the world today. Equipped with a central power distribution system, the miniaturized connected city's usage of energy – electric consumption, and solar and wind generation – is monitored, measured, displayed and controlled. Buddyville's capabilities include an earthquake detection system that triggers alerts and integrated emergency response; traffic management, including remote management of traffic lights; smart parking; and detection and notification of potential threats to public security and safety.
Meet Buddy and Ecosystem Partners
In addition to Buddyville, partners across the IoT software and hardware spectrum that will be present in Buddy's booth include:
- Gimbal – Beacon technology for heat maps and monitoring traffic patterns in stores, sidewalks and more. Buddy's previously announced partnership with Gimbal enables customers deploying beacon technology to integrate data from these networks into other business and data toolsets
- Marvell – Andromeda Box, Marvell's newest IoT hardware platform, designed to enable rapid prototyping and development of IoT and connected products, controlling Buddyville devices and sensors
- Noveda – Showcasing devices from Noveda's install base whose data is being migrated to transit the Buddy Platform en route to being presented as dashboards, resource management systems and more. Devices demonstrated include connected street lamps, power meters and two-way control boxes
- Ubicquia – Demonstrating their connected streetlight sensors (including camera, biohazard detectors, and sound and light sensors) that offer a low-cost, quick to deploy option for turning streetlights into a sensory network that can take the pulse of an entire city
- Zentri – Presenting their secure OS for connected devices that enables secure connectivity, device management capabilities and mobile app integration, all in a package that dramatically shortens time to market
New Buddy Portal Preview
Buddy's new Portal experience will be in developer preview in the Buddy booth, showcasing new design and functionality, such as:
- Completely redesigned new dashboard and interface for developers to interact with, and develop upon the Buddy Platform
- Easy creation and management of projects to start sending device data to Buddy
- New interface to manage device messaging
- Full support for Buddy's new Two-Way Communication functionality
- Custom creation of data output APIs, which can be plugged into business and data systems
- Information on Buddy's stable of APIs
- Comprehensive documentation to support projects from start to finish
Developers of IoT and connected device applications will welcome the launch of Buddy's new Two-Way CommunicaCK notion functionality. This new feature – coming at the request of several customers – allows the Buddy Platform to initiate control signals or messages to devices in communication with the platform. These control signals use standardized protocols, and can be initiated manually by account owners or triggered automatically based on the results of queries on the inbound telemetry data from devices under management.
The Two-Way Communication feature may be deployed in countless scenarios, ranging from anything as simple as sending a water pump "off" signal when water level sensors trigger, to complex energy and resource management across globally distributed facilities.
Windows IoT Core SDK
Buddy introduced the new SDK for Windows IoT Core, continuing to expand the range of devices that are easily connected to Buddy's IoT Data Graph to:
- Easily enable two-way communication for Windows IoT Core
- Unlock the power of Buddy for universal Windows apps, including in the enterprise
- Enable enterprise line of business applications across desktop, mobile and IOT
For more information on Buddy Platform and to meet executives from Buddy and the company's partners, please visit Booth #112 at Internet of Things World, or contact Buddy at email@example.com.
About Buddy Platform
Buddy Platform Limited (BUD.ASX) provides one of the world's first data aggregation and management platforms for the IoT and connected devices. Buddy advances the Quantified Economy by providing the critical infrastructure by which businesses and organizations can, in real time, access and analyze the data generated by connected devices, and unlock the economic opportunities delivered by this data. Buddy Platform users represent a wide variety of industries, including airlines, agriculture, automotive, consumer electronics, robotics, software development, telecommunications, and transportation. Buddy is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with offices in Adelaide, Australia. For more information, visit www.buddy.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/buddy-shows-how-to-tame-exploding-iot-telemetry-data-for-real-time-business-value-at-internet-of-things-world-300266249.html
SOURCE Buddy Platform