Business Traveler Reveals Winners of 2010 'Best in Business Travel' Awards
NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- At an awards ceremony last night at the Sofitel Hotel in Los Angeles, Business Traveler magazine announced the winners of the 2010 "Best in Business Travel" Awards.
Of 53 awards presented, the evening's leading champion, Air Canada, took home a whopping five awards, including "Best North American Airline for International Travel" -- more than any other company recognized this year. In a spirited display of corporate pride, nearly a dozen members of the Air Canada team took to the stage to claim the awards, while the crowd cheered on.
Meanwhile, South Korea emerged as a leading force in world travel this year, with two of its airlines, Asiana Airlines and Korean Air, claiming three awards each.
And during a time when maneuvering through airports is bemoaned by many, Denver International Airport was named the "Best Airport in North America" for the sixth year running, delicately balancing passenger safety with providing an enjoyable experience.
InterContinental Hotels Group rounded out BT readers' top travel experiences this year with four awards in total, including one for Priority Club Rewards, named "Best Hotel Loyalty Program" of 2010.
Business Traveler, published 10 times a year, circulation 150,000, is the No. 1 source for business travelers that is both MRI- and BPA-certified. Geared toward high-income executives who spend a great deal on domestic and international travel, each issue brings the world of the traveling executive into focus, with guides to cities and doing business around the world, the latest travel news, and the best deals for airfare, hotels and more. Go to btusonline.com for full details on the winners of the 2010 Best in Business Travel Awards.
- Best Airline in Mexico: Aeromexico
- Best North American Airline for International Travel: Air Canada
- Best North American Airline for Business-Class Service: Air Canada
- Best In-Flight Services in North America: Air Canada
- Best Flight Attendants in North America: Air Canada
- Best Airline Web Site: Air Canada
- Best Business Class to Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific: Air New Zealand
- Best North American Airline for First-Class Service: American Airlines
- Best Flight Attendants in the World: Asiana Airlines
- Best In-Flight Services in the World: Asiana Airlines
- Best Overall Customer Service - Airline - Ground/Call Center: Asiana Airlines
- Airline with Best Trans-Atlantic Business-Class Service: British Airways
- Best Frequent-Flyer Program: Delta SkyMiles
- Best Business Class to the Middle East: Etihad Airways
- Airline with Best Business-Class Service in the World: Jet Airways
- Best Airline in Asia: Korean Air
- Airline with Best Trans-Pacific Business-Class Service: Korean Air
- Best Airline Advertising Campaign: Korean Air
- Best Airline in Central and Eastern Europe: LOT Polish Airlines
- Best Airline in Western Europe: Lufthansa
- Best Airline in the World for International Travel: Qatar Airways
- Best Overall Airline in the World: Singapore Airlines
- Airline with Best First-Class Service in the World: Singapore Airlines
- Airline with Best Economy-Class Service in the World: Singapore Airlines
- Best Low-Cost Airline in North America: Southwest Airlines
- Best Airline in Africa: South African Airways
- Best Business Class to Africa: South African Airways
- Best Airline Alliance Program: Star Alliance
- Best Business Class to South America: TAM Airlines
- Best Airline Cuisine/Meals: Turkish Airlines
- Best Airline for North American Travel: United Airlines
- Best Domestic Airline: Virgin America
- Best Premium Economy Class in the World: Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Best Airport Clubs/Lounges: Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Best Hotel Web Site: Hilton.com
- Best Hotel Chain in Europe: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Best Hotel Chain in the Middle East: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Best Hotel Chain in North America: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Best Hotel Loyalty Program: IHG Priority Club Rewards
- Best Hotel Chain in the World: Park Hyatt
- Hotel Chain with Best Overall Customer Service: Park Hyatt
- Best Hotel Chain in Asia: Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in Latin America: Sheraton Latin America
Business Travel-Related Services:
- Best Credit Card Rewards Program: American Express - Membership Rewards
- Best Mobile Phone Coverage in the World: AT&T
- Best Conference or Convention Center/City: Hawai'i Convention Center, Honolulu
- Best Airport in North America: Denver International Airport
- Airport With Best Duty-Free Shopping: Incheon Airport
- Best Web Site for Booking Travel: Orbitz
- Best Wireless Data Service Provider in the World: Verizon Wireless
- Best International Courier Service: DHL
- Best Airport in the World: Singapore Changi Airport
- Best Noise-Canceling Headphones: Sony
- Best Car Rental Company in the World: Sixt
SOURCE Business Traveler Magazine
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.