Canadian businesses tell the story of Canada's tourism brand and the extraordinary tourism experiences that await international visitors.
To view the Social Media Release, click here: http://smr.newswire.ca/en/canadian-tourism-commission/signature-experiences-collection
BANFF, AB, July 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - The Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC) has launched the Signature Experiences Collection—an innovative marketing approach to lure more high-spending international travellers to Canada and satisfy their craving for the unique and the exotic. The announcement was made today by the Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of State (Small Business and Tourism) against a spectacular backdrop of the Rocky Mountains in Banff, AB.
The inaugural Signature Experiences Collection is made up of 48 Canadian tourism enterprises from coast to coast to coast that deliver the authentic experiences CTC research says its high-spending target customers look for when they choose a vacation destination.
"By highlighting unique Canadian experiences abroad, this ground-breaking initiative will encourage the world to visit Canada," says Minister of State Bernier. "It will increase our share of international visitors and generate greater revenues for Canadian businesses."
This next phase of CTC's global strategy to make Canada stand out in a fiercely competitive tourism marketplace will showcase members of the Collection as compelling ambassadors of Canada's tourism brand, Canada. Keep Exploring in the 11 countries where it invests. The rollout begins in UK, France, Germany and Australia.
CTC will draw on the Collection's expanding pool of high-quality tourism experiences in its marketing campaigns. International travellers will be able to find the exceptional adventures they seek, book them and enjoy them in a way they'll remember for the rest of their lives. At the same time, it will be easier for buyers to acquire and sell these tourism experiences to the travel trade, which will be encouraged to include them in their promotional materials and itineraries.
Says Michele McKenzie, CTC President & CEO, "Our goal is to incorporate the tourism experiences offered by Collection members in the creative materials we develop for all our markets using social, print, online and broadcast media. We've set a target of 100 members by the end of 2011, and we'll continue to add outstanding experiences to keep the Collection fresh and intriguing for international visitors."
For further background:
- Read about the initial members of the Collection.
- Watch interviews with Collection members in Innovating to Compete.
Apply to become a member of the Signature Experiences Collection.
- Check out the Tourism Industry Factsheet to learn more about Canada's visitor economy.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Media Assets accompanying this story are available as follows:
- ICE HOTEL, Québec City, QC "Positioning Canada as a destination of unique experiences is a winning strategy. By being part of this collection that promotes exceptional experiences, we can penetrate international markets at a more macro level." - Jacques Desbois, CEO
- FRONTIERS NORTH ADVENTURES, Churchill, MB "We think that our guests are able to convey, with a real sense of emotion, the kind of trip or adventure that they've been on. It's that emotion that is going to encourage people to come back to Canada, to join us again." - John Gunter, General Manager
- EDIBLE BRITISH COLUMBIA, Vancouver, BC "The Signature Experiences Collection is going to offer the Canadian tourism industry a single voice that's going to allow us to create a much stronger brand image for Canada. - Eric Pateman, President
- SHEDIAC BAY LOBSTER CRUISES, NB "A rising tide lifts all boats! Being part of the Collection is good for small tourism businesses like mine that can benefit from the global marketing, sales and media activities. It's good for the whole tourism industry." - Ron Cormier, Owner
- CN TOWER, Toronto, ON "Signature Experiences are going to open the eyes of the tourism world so people really understand what a vast Collection of authentic travel experiences there are in Canada. We are thrilled that the CN Tower, a memorable visitor experience that defines the skyline of Toronto, is part of it." - Jack Robinson, CEO
About the Canadian Tourism Commission
The CTC is Canada's national tourism marketing organization. Our vision is inspiring the world to explore Canada. With our partners in the tourism industry and the governments of Canada, the provinces and the territories, we advertise and market Canada in 11 countries around the world, conduct industry research and studies, and promote product and industry development. For regular updates on CTC initiatives, subscribe to CTC News, available through RSS feeds and by e-mail. Become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to our YouTube channel. For more information visit: www.canada.travel/corporate
SOURCE Canadian Tourism Commission