ROCKLIN, Calif., Sept. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Can something so simple as the practice of applying gentle, constant pressure be a solution to anxiety, stress, insomnia and more? It is well known that swaddling helps babies to sleep more calmly at night—and now, studies are showing that similar principles work with adults struggling to get a good night's sleep.
Clinical tests into Deep Pressure Touch (DPT) stimulation have revealed that the practice of applying weight to our body helps relax the nervous system, providing comfort and relief. Occupational therapists have been utilizing deep pressure touch technique for over three decades, thanks to Dr. Temple Grandin, who pioneered the use of this technique.
The phenomenon of deep pressure touch is finding its way from the clinical setting to the mainstream marketplace in such products as the Thunder Shirt for dogs, The Magic Merlin Suit for babies and now the Nodpod for you and me.
- The Nodpod eye pillow is specifically designed to help individuals relax and get good quality sleep.
- Each pod of the eye pillow is gently and equally weighted with microbeads, which contour to your face while comfortably blocking out light.
- The length of the eye pillow can accommodate any sleeping position.
- One side of the eye pillow cools on contact, while the other side warms.
- The nodpod comes with a custom pillowcase, which the eye pillow can be attached to for unparalleled ease of use.
- The nodpod pillowcase is also designed to allow for use of ones own pillowcase if desired.
- The nodpod also comes in a travel version, a velcro/strap-free design with a pull-through tab for upright comfort.
With a 100% satisfaction guarantee, there is nothing to lose, except for another good night's sleep.
About The Inventor
The Nodpod is the brainchild of Melissa Bamberg, inventor and mother of three.
The idea was birthed during a family road trip when late one night they pulled off the road to get some rest. Melissa wrapped her fuzzy sweatshirt around her pillow for comfort. She instinctively reached for the arm of her sweatshirt to block out light, and in that moment knew she had a good idea.
"I set out to create an incredibly easy to use light-blocking eye mask. It was during my prototyping phase when I discovered the science of deep pressure touch and everything changed. It has become my mission to spread the awareness of the power of deep pressure touch and how we can all benefit from it."
For more information, please visit http://www.nodpod.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Melissa Bamberg at 1-916-316-1018, or email at Melissa@nodpod.com.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cant-get-a-good-nights-sleep-nodpod-may-be-the-answer-300321841.html