SAN FRANCISCO, December 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global carbon capture and storage (CCS) market value is anticipated to exceed USD 8.75 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising global energy demand along with the growing awareness towards reducing carbon dioxide emissions in most of the industrial economies is anticipated to drive the CCS market.
Currently, meaningful industrial CO2 capture is required particularly in the power sector. The increasing adoption of gas injection techniques for enhanced oil recovery (EOR) across several matured petroleum reserves globally is expected to be one of the key factors driving CCS demand.
Enhanced oil recovery (EOR) is expected to account for the highest demand with a net worth estimated to reach over 6.18 billion by 2025. Prevalence of factors such as depleting oil reserves globally coupled with heavy dependence on crude oil imports mainly in the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be one of the major reasons driving the demand for EOR activities globally.
CCS requirement in high purity industrial applications such as natural gas processing, coal-to-liquid (CTL), ammonia, and hydrogen production facilities holds immense potential for project demonstration. The segment is estimated to witness the fastest growth in terms volume of CO2 captured. Carbon capture and storage demand in the industrial sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Carbon Capture And Storage (CCS) Market Analysis By Application (EOR, Industrial & Agriculture), By Capture Technology (Pre-Combustion, Industrial, Oxy-Firing & Post-Combustion), Competitive Strategies, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-capture-storage-ccs-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global CCS demand exceeded 61 million tons in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6% from 2016 to 2025
- Post-combustion capture technology is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 15.6% from 2016 to 2025
- Pre-combustion capture technology demand in the U.S. is estimated to exceed a total volume of 80 million tons by 2025
- Stringent regulatory framework for cleaner environment coupled with increasing CO2 injection EOR technique in most of the depleted hydrocarbon basins are expected to be the major factors driving demand in North America
- The Asia Pacific carbon capture and storage industry is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 9.7% from 2016 to 2024.
- Key players include Shell CANSLV, AkerSolutions, Statoil, Linde Engineering, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Sulzer
- ACTL with North West Sturgeon Refinery CO2 Stream in Canada, Future Gen 2.0 Project in U.S.A, Preheat CCS & Don Valley Power Projects in UK are some of the upcoming projects over the next few years
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Dispensing Systems and Equipment Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dispensing-systems-and-equipment-market
- Thermal Storage Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/thermal-storage-market
- Thermoplastic Pipe Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/thermoplastic-pipe-market
- Hydraulic Power Unit Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydraulic-power-unit-market
Grand View Research has segmented the carbon capture and storage market on the basis of application, capture technology, and region:
- Carbon Capture And Storage (CCS) Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Capture Technology Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Industrial separation
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle east and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Access research insight: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/carbon-capture-storage-market-insights-size-share
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs - grandviewresearch.com/blogs/energy-and-power
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.