SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Cheers magazine, the only beverage business publication devoted to full-service restaurants, bars and hotels, announced the winners of its 2011 Cheers Beverage Excellence Awards. The awards will be presented to the winners at the annual Cheers Beverage Conference, held on January 25-26 at the Marriott Hotel in New Orleans.
Eleven program awards and two individual awards are slated to be presented at the conference.
The 2011 Cheers Beverage Excellence Award winners are:
1. Best Chain Beverage Menu: McCormick and Schmick's
2. Best Chain Beverage Merchandising: Westin Hotels for Mojito Program
3. Best Chain Signature Drink: The Phoenician for the Bellini
4. Best Chain Drink Program: RAM Restaurant & Brewery for Skinny Drinks
5. Best Chain Beer Program: Yard House
6. Best Chain Spirits Program: Ocean Prime
7. Best Chain Wine Program : P.F. Chang's
8. Best Chain Adult Alcohol-Free Drink Program: Ruby Tuesday
9. Best Chain Hotel Beverage Program: Royal Caribbean International
10. Best Chain Multi-Concept Beverage Program: Cheesecake Factory
11. Best Chain Overall Beverage Program: Bar Louie
12. Raising the Bar Award: Madeline Triffon of the Matt Prentice Restaurant Group
13. Beverage Industry Innovator of the Year: Drew Nieporent of the Myriad Restaurant Group
The awards program is open to all chain restaurants. A chain is defined as an operation with five or more locations in two or more markets. The chain must be in existence for at least three years. The criteria for these awards are a particular program's creativity, originality and impact on the sales and profitability of a full-service restaurant operation. Other factors considered are the level of marketing support, staff training and overall operator commitment to the initiative that lead to its success. Entries were evaluated by a judging panel that includes previous Beverage Excellence Award winners and Cheers staff.
Contact: Liza Zimmerman, editor-in-chief
SOURCE Cheers magazine