China ACE Awards 2012 -- Texas Instruments, NXP, Freescale, Analog Devices, Linear Technology and Agilent Technologies among winners
Awards ceremony held in conjunction with the 17th International IC-China Conference & Exhibition in Shenzhen
Texas Instruments named Company of the Year; Howard Cheng of Analog Devices honored as Executive of the Year
SHENZHEN, China, Feb. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, NXP and Freescale are among the winners of the China Annual Creativity in Electronics (ACE) Awards 2012, presented during a reception held today in conjunction with the 17th International IC-China Conference & Exhibition (IIC-China), which is running until Feb. 25, 2012 at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center.
"The China ACE Awards honors the people, companies and technologies behind advances in mainland China's semiconductor industry, especially in terms of enhanced efficiencies and performances through innovative design. Particularly those that have the ability to shift market dynamics and lift the status of mainland China's electronics industry higher on the world stage," said Brandon Smith, President of Global Sources' joint venture subsidiary eMedia Asia Ltd.
Yorbe Zhang, Chief Executive Analyst and head of the selection panel, added: "Texas Instruments clearly demonstrated these abilities. As Company of the Year, it showed significant product innovation and demonstrated a major commitment to the future of mainland China's semiconductor industry."
In 2011, the Dallas-based company introduced industry-first technology, such as ultra-low power FRAM microcontrollers designed to cut power usage by a factor of 250 times less than flash or EEPROM based microcontrollers, and to allow developers to write 100 times faster.
Texas Instruments is also continuing its financial and technical training commitments, investing over RMB$100 million to its University Program to enhance the skill sets of more than 10,000 engineering students across 250 mainland China universities.
Another Editors' Choice Award, Executive of the Year, went to Howard Cheng, Vice President, Asia Sales of Analog Devices. Cheng was recognized for his numerous efforts in fostering talent and innovative thought culture at Analog Devices, such as introducing a 'no idea is a bad idea' culture. Further, through his position as a Director of the United States Information Technology Office (USITO), he has contributed to mainland China's technology industry's standards and regulatory framework.
Winners of the Editors' Choice Awards were selected by a panel of senior industry analysts from EE Times-China. The Company and Product Awards were determined through public online voting, from a shortlist of finalists chosen by the industry panel.
China ACE Awards 2012 -- Editors Choice Award winners by category are:
- Executive of the Year -- Howard Cheng, Vice President, Asia Sales of Analog Devices
- Design Team of the Year -- China Automotive Technical Center, design team of NXP Semiconductors
- Innovator of the Year -- Mo Lianghua of FocalTech
- Best Student Design of the Year --Yan Ming, Duan Cong, Xie Xining and Jin Li from Technology Institute of Communications Engineering, Xidian University
China ACE Awards 2012 -- Company Award winners by category are:
- Company of the Year -- Texas Instruments
- China IC Design House of the Year -- Analogix Semiconductor, AWINIC and Leadercore Technology
- Most Promising New Technology of the Year -- ARM (Cortex™-A7 MPCore™ with big LITTLE processing Processor), Intel (3-D Tri-gate Transistor Technology) and STMicroelectronics (FingerTip Projected Capacitive Touch Screen Sensor Technology)
China ACE Awards 2012 -- Product Award winners by category are:
- Power Management Product of the Year -- Analog Devices (ADP2323), Freescale Semiconductor (MC34708), Linear Technology (LTC4000) and ON Semiconductor (NCV8871)
- Test & Measurement Tool of the Year -- Agilent (DSOX3000A/DSOX2000A), Fluke Test Instruments (Ti27) and Tektronix (DPO/DSA70000D)
- China-Designed IC of the Year -- Hisilicon (Hi3516), RDA Microelectronics (RDA6231) and Xi'an Semipower Electronic Technology (SW2604)
- EDA/Software Tool of the Year -- Cadence Design Systems (AMS Designer)
- RF/Wireless Product of the Year -- AMICCOM Electronics (A7108), ANADIGICS (ALT6738), Fujitsu Semiconductor (Humphreys) and TriQuint Semiconductor (TGA4959-SL)
- Power Devices/Voltage Converter of the Year -- Infineon Technologies (CoolMOS CFD2), Intersil (ZL9101M) and Vishay (SiZ710DT)
- Microcontroller/Memory/Interface of the Year -- Freescale Semiconductor (MC56F84xx), Microchip Technology (dsPIC33 & PIC24 'E'), NXP Semiconductors (LPC4300) and Texas Instruments (MSP430 FR57xx FRAM)
- Digital Processor/DSP/FPGA of the Year -- MediaTek (MT6573), Texas Instruments (TMS320C6678) and Xilinx (Virtex-7 2000T)
- Sensor/Analog Signal Conditioning Product of the Year -- Analog Devices (AD8229), NXP Semiconductors (TDF8530) and STMicroelectronics (MP34DT01)
- Mixed Signal Controller/Processor/System on Chip (SoC) of the Year -- Atmel (maXStylus mXTS100), Broadcom (BCM2079x) and Texas Instruments (ADS1298R)
- Data Conversion/Driver/Clock of the Year -- Analog Devices (AD8436), Freescale Semiconductor (MC33903/4/5) and Texas Instruments (ADC12Dxx00RF)
The China ACE Awards 2012 received over 300 entries from international and domestic semiconductor and test companies doing business in mainland China.
More information on the China ACE Awards 2012 is available at http://www.eet-china.com/ace/2012ace_en.html.
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (http://www.globalsources.com), print and digital magazines, sourcing research reports, private sourcing events, trade shows, and online sourcing fairs.
Over 1 million international buyers, including 85 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Global Sources' other businesses provides Chinese-language media to companies selling to and within Greater China. These services include online web sites, print and digital magazines, seminars and trade shows. In mainland China, Global Sources has a network of more than 40 office locations and a community of over 3 million registered online users and magazine readers of its Chinese-language media.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
About eMedia Asia Limited
eMedia Asia Limited is a joint venture between Global Sources (60.1%) and United Business Media's EETimes Group (39.9%).
eMedia Asia provides 500,000-plus technology decision-makers throughout Asia and China with access to a multichannel media network. Through its technical events, publications and online network, eMedia Asia leads in providing the region's electronics community with the business and technical information they need to remain competitive.
Press Contact in Asia
Investor Contact in Asia
Tel: (852) 2555-5021
Tel: (852) 2555-4747
Press Contact in U.S.
Investor Contact in U.S.
Mary Magnani & Cathy Mattison
Tel: (1-480) 664-8309
Tel: (1-415) 433-3777
SOURCE Global Sources
More by this Source
Global Sources signs agreement to acquire Singapore property
Jan 21, 2014, 02:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.