NORWICH, N.Y., July 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Chobani, LLC, a leading natural food company and maker of America's #1 Greek Yogurt brand, announced today that it is opening its call for applications to the Chobani Food Incubator. The company designed this incubator to help entrepreneurs and small food companies with big hearts and ideas, follow the path to challenge the food industry, improve broken systems and make a difference.
"Natural food start-ups with the right mindset can make a big difference," said Hamdi Ulukaya, Founder and CEO, Chobani. "I know that getting started can be the hardest part of the journey, so I designed the Chobani Food Incubator to share what we've learned when it comes to scaling up, challenging the big guys and fighting convention. This is a no-strings-attached, grant-based program to support entrepreneurs so we can further fuel the food revolution."
The inaugural class of the Chobani Food Incubator will run from October 2016 to March 2017, based out of a dedicated space designed for the Incubator at Chobani in New York, NY.
The program specifically includes:
Our home as a launching pad
- 6-month incubator from October 2016 to March 2017, online and on-site
- 2-3 team members participating on-site with key Chobani team members
- Monthly programs at Chobani locations across the U.S., including manufacturing facilities and a dedicated space in Chobani's New York offices
- Program culminating at EXPO West Natural Food Conference in Anaheim, CA, where Incubator participants may showcase products to broad members of the natural food community
Resources with no-strings-attached
- $25,000 grant to help grow your business
- Travel, hotel and other expenses covered
- Equity free capital
Access & advice
- The Chobani Food Incubator programming will cover food industry areas of expertise, including:
- Building a Sustainable Business
- Team Building and Scaling
- Brand and Marketing
- Packaging and Pricing
- Sales and Retail Strategy
- Innovation and Manufacturing
- Food Quality and Safety
- Nutrition and Food Labeling
Broader Community & Mentorship
- Access to Chobani teams, top executives, and experts
- Exposure to food industry thought leaders and top retail partners
- Networking with Chobani Food Incubator peers
- Digital support and community engagement between on-site programs
- Regular remote program check-ins
Applicants will be asked to electronically submit information about their products along with a short video and biographical information by August 10, 2016. Finalists will be notified by September 15, 2016.
Applications and additional information is available at chobanifoodincubator.com
Maker of America's No. 1–selling Greek Yogurt brand, Chobani, LLC, was founded on the belief that people have great taste — they just need great options. Chobani produces high-quality authentic strained Greek Yogurt products made with only natural ingredients from its plants in New Berlin, N.Y., and Twin Falls, Idaho and South Victoria, Australia. Chobani is committed to using milk from regional farms and strengthening its surrounding local economies. Chobani gives 10 percent of its annual profits to charities worldwide through the company's charitable foundation. All Chobani products — including Chobani® Greek Yogurt, Chobani "Flip"™, Chobani Tots® and Chobani Kids®, Chobani MezeTM Dips, Drink ChobaniTM and Chobani Simply 100® — are kosher certified, contain five live and active cultures, and are made with milk from cows not treated with rBST,* with most of its products offering more protein than regular yogurt.** Chobani products are available nationwide in the U.S. and Australia, and in countries in Asia and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and www.facebook.com/chobani.
* According to the FDA, no significant difference has been found between milk derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.
** Chobani® Greek Yogurt, 12g (24%DV) protein per 5.3oz; regular (nonfat or lowfat) yogurt 6g (12% DV) protein per 5.3oz.
Video - http://youtu.be/xVUKG_RIanM
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160719/391123
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160719/391169
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160719/391171
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chobani-opens-call-for-applications-to-first-of-its-kind-food-incubator-300301056.html