NEW YORK, Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine announced today the finalists for both the eighth annual Responsible CEO of the Year Awards and the fifth annual Lifetime Achievement Award. These awards will be presented to CEOs that visibly exceed standards in the areas of employee relations, environmental impact and sustainability, human rights, philanthropy, and corporate responsibility practices.
The finalists of the 2015 Responsible CEO of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Awards are:
- Carl Bass, President and Chief Executive Office, Autodesk
- William Cho, President and CEO, LG Electronics USA
- David Crane, President and Chief Executive Officer, NRG Energy
- Jeff Dahl, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Nerium International
- Ben Fowke, Chairman, President and CEO, Xcel Energy
- Daniel L. Jones, CEO, President and Chairman of the Board, Encore Wire Corp.
- Terri Ludwig, President and CEO, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Alan B. Miller, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Universal Health Services
- Hamid Moghadam, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Prologis
- Jim Prokopanko, Former Chief Executive Officer, The Mosaic Company
All award finalists were nominated by fellow members of the CR community and selected by an independent judging panel comprised of previous winners and other industry leaders. This year's judging panel includes prior honorees:
- Doug Baker, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Ecolab, Inc.
- Dan Hesse, Former CEO, Sprint
- Gale Klappa, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, WEC Energy Group
- Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO, MGM Resorts International
- John P. Bilbrey, President and CEO, The Hershey Company
- Patrick Prevost, President and CEO, Cabot Corporation
To determine the winners, judges considered several dimensions of the aforementioned standards including the scope of the CEO's impact on their organization and community, the extent to which the CEO drove this initiative, and the individual reputation or professional risk taken by the CEO.
The 2015 award winners will be honored at CR Magazine's Responsible CEO of the Year Awards Dinner to take place at the COMMIT!Forum, Thursday, Oct. 22, at The Roosevelt Hotel in New York City from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
"In an era where the greatest pressure is a quarterly drive to deliver on ROI, it is impressive to have a robust group of CEOs striving toward corporate responsibility. Leaders like these prove that long term success is comprised of many measures; great social and environmental practices deliver long term profitability and performance in many areas," says Elliot Clark, CEO of Corporate Responsibility Magazine.
For more information about the annual COMMIT!Forum and CR Magazine's Responsible CEO of the Year Awards Dinner visit: www.commitforum.com.
About CR Magazine
CR Magazine is the voice of the corporate responsibility profession covering case studies, best practices, and trends in the five primary segments of the CR profession: a) Governance, risk, compliance, b) Environmental sustainability c) Corporate social responsibility, d) Philanthropy, and e) Workforce/diversity. www.thecro.com
About the COMMIT!Forum
Each year, COMMIT!Forum attracts: C-suite executives, Leaders in communications, CR and Sustainability professionals, Foundation heads, and Not-profit executives. This year's theme is COMMIT! To A Responsible Culture & Supply Chain. As an attendee you'll learn:how to run a more responsible business, how to build a more sustainable workforce and how to build a more responsible supply chain. Our competitive advantage? Access. Professionals who attend learn the latest best practices and how-to's from our hand-picked experts. And just as important, the COMMIT!Forum allows networking opportunities to engage with C-suite executives, CEOs, corporate communication pros, and CR professionals—industry leaders who can help our attendees achieve their professional goals.