Daniele, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Pepper-Coated Salame Products
PASCOAG, R.I., Jan. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Daniele, Inc. announced today it is initiating a voluntary recall of its Pepper-Coated Salame products because of possible concerns about salmonella. Preliminary results indicate that eleven ill individuals had consumed salame products from "Daniele Italian Brand Gourmet Pack." State and federal health officials have been unable to confirm a direct link between the illnesses and any Daniele product.
As recently as yesterday, Daniele's Rhode Island facilities were inspected by the state's Department of Health and the company was found to be meeting all regulatory and food safety standards. According to the Rhode Island Department of Health, Daniele Inc. has been working diligently with the department and U.S. Department of Agriculture to help identify the source of the contamination.
"Our family business has been producing premium gourmet products for over 60 years," said Vice President of Sales Davide Dukcevich. "While we conduct further tests, our goal right now is to take prudent, proactive measures to do everything possible to remove any products that do not meet our high standards for quality and taste."
Anyone having any of the following products should return the product for a full refund at the point of purchase.
- Daniele All Natural Salame (Coated with Coarse Black Pepper) (10 oz)
- Daniele Brand Gourmet Pack (Emballage Assorti Gourmet Italian) (500g)
- Daniele Deli Selection (20 oz)
- Daniele Deli Selection (32 oz)
- Daniele Gourmet Combo Pack (16 oz)
- Daniele Gourmet Deli Selection (Assortment De Fines Charcuterie Italienne) (400g)
- Daniele Gourmet Italian Deli Selection (600g)
- Daniele Italian Brand Gourmet Pack (16 oz)
- Daniele Italian Brand Gourmet Pack (8 oz)
- Daniele Natural Salame Coated with Coarse Black Pepper (catch weight)
- Daniele Pepper Salame (catch weight)
- Daniele Salame Bites Pepper Salame (7 oz)
- Daniele Surtido Fino Italiano (340g)
- Daniele Surtido Fino Italiano (454g)
- Dietz & Watson Artisan Collection Baby Genoa Pepper Salame (catch weight)
- Dietz and Watson Artisan Collection Party Platter Pack (8 oz)
- Boar's Head All Natural Salame (Coated with Coarse Black Pepper) (8 oz)
- Black Bear Baby Genoa Pepper Salame (9 oz)
These products are carried at a wide variety of delicatessens and grocers. Consumers or food distributors with any questions are asked to call (888-345-4160).
Daniele, Inc., based in Rhode Island, produces Italian-style specialty foods for U.S. and international markets. The company is best known for its cured meats such as salame, prosciutto and pancetta carried by high-end delis and supermarkets. The family behind Daniele, Inc. has been producing premium gourmet products for more than 60 years.
SOURCE Daniele, Inc.