BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Best-selling author and world-renowned expert on mind-body medicine, Deepak Chopra, M.D., initiates a groundbreaking dialogue about the science of consciousness at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, from Friday, September 9 to Sunday, September 11, 2016.
Presented by The Chopra Foundation, the event offers attendees the opportunity to come together and learn from some of the world's greatest minds in quantum consciousness, neuroscience, cosmology, physics, psychology, and spirituality as they tackle life's toughest questions to reveal a more complete truth of our existence.
The award-winning Berklee Indian Ensemble will perform live at the event on Friday, September 9.
Internationally recognized musician, filmmaker, and humanitarian, Michael Franti, will perform live at the event on Saturday, September 10.
"We are in the midst of a major paradigm shift in science. Scientists are now proving what the ancient sages have known for thousands of years. So, how does consciousness conceive, govern, construct and become the physical universe? How does our understanding of consciousness enhance our collective capacity for physical, emotional, spiritual, social, financial and ecological well-being?" said Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P., founder of The Chopra Foundation. "Our panel of world-class scientists and sages will examine these and other questions, with a shared interest in finding common ground between science and wisdom."
- World-renowned expert in cosmology and applied mathematics, George Ellis, Ph.D.
- Founder of Artocene, pioneer of the contemporary arts, medicine and health movement, Iva Fattorini, M.D., M.Sc.
- Theoretical astrophysicist, Katherine Freese.
- New York Times best-selling author, filmmaker, and professor of mathematics at the University of California, Berkeley Edward Frenkel.
- Anesthesiologist, professor and quantum consciousness expert Stuart Hameroff, M.D.
- Spirit-being, frequency addict, composer, artist, & DJ, Satya Hinduja.
- Award-winning science journalist and author, John Horgan.
- Psychologist and neuroscientist, Shamini Jain.
- Physicist and science writer, Menas C. Kafatos, Ph.D.
- Inventor of quantum neural computing and pioneering archaeoastronomer, Dr Subhash Kak.
- Artist, Jitish Kallat.
- World-renowned scientist and expert in metaphysics, Bernardo Kastrup, Ph.D.
- Professor at UCSD and co-founder of the American Gut Project, Rob Knight.
- International corporate strategist, investment banker and public intellectual with a doctorate in brain research, Robert Kuhn, Ph.D.
- Actress, producer, director, activist and businesswoman, Eva Longoria.
- Serial entrepreneur and business leader in Fortune 100 companies, Poonacha Machaiah.
- Expert in exploration of spiritual realities using innovative scientific approaches, Dr. Barnaby Marsh.
- Chair and Distinguished Professor of Neurosciences and Florence Riford Chair for Alzheimer Disease Research at UC San Diego School of Medicine, William C. Mobley, M.D., Ph.D.
- Professor of physics and astrophysics at the University of California, Santa Cruz, Joel R, Primack, Ph.D.
- President of Berklee College of Music, cofounder of Bright Horizons Family Solutions, and an international relief agency manager, Roger H. Brown.
- Political activist, speaker, and supermodel, Cameron Russell.
- Master integrator of big data to construct predictive models of disease and wellness, Dr. Eric Schadt.
- Senior media executive, former ABC news journalist, and chief curator of Discovery Communications' Curiosity Project, Richard Sergay.
- New York Times bestselling author and pioneer in the integrative field of Interpersonal Neurobiology, Dr. Dan Siegel.
- Founder of Ashtanga Yoga New York, Eddie Stern.
- Professor of neurology and holder of the Joseph P. and Rose F. Kennedy Endowed Chair in Neurology at Harvard University, Rudolph E. Tanzi, Ph.D.
- Model and founder of Strala Yoga, Tara Stiles.
- Award-winning and internationally acclaimed soul chant musician, Chandrika Tandon.
- Professor of pathology and of medicine at the Beth Israel Medical Center of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Neil Theise, M.D.
- Spiritual leader, Reverend Mpho A. Tutu.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the Sages & Scientists Symposium 2016 visit: www.chopra.com/programs/sages-scientist/sages-scientists-2016.
About Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P., founder of The Chopra Foundation and co-founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, is a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Chopra is the author of more than 80 books translated into over 43 languages, including numerous New York Times best-sellers. For the last three years, Greatist.com has recognized Dr. Chopra as one of "The 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness." The World Post and Huffington Post's global internet survey ranked him as the #17 most influential thinker in the world and #1 in medicine. TIME magazine has described Dr. Chopra as "one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century." For more information visit www.deepakchopra.com.
About Michael Franti
Musician, filmmaker, humanitarian, Michael Franti, is recognized as a pioneering force using music as a vehicle for positive change as well as his unforgettable, high energy shows with his band, Spearhead. With the multi-platinum success of his song "Say Hey (I Love You)" and the chart breaking 2010 release of The Sound Of Sunshine, Franti and his band guarantee a show that will be thought provoking as well as energetic. For more information visit www.michaelfranti.com.
About The Chopra Foundation
The Chopra Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health and well-being, cultivating spiritual knowledge, expanding consciousness and promoting world peace to all members of the human family. As an extension of its mission, The Chopra Foundation provides education and resources to advance the physical and spiritual health of disadvantaged individuals and communities, including at-risk children, low-income women and teenagers, and prisoners. Through its fundraising and research initiatives, The Chopra Foundation also supports the scientific and experiential exploration of non-dual consciousness as the ground of existence. For more information visit www.choprafoundation.org.
Coordinates for Sages & Scientists:
SOURCE The Chopra Foundation