WOBURN, Mass., Nov. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
- Demandware, Inc. debuted Demandware® Mobile, a mobile Web storefront for all companies selling direct-to-consumer, that integrates to and extends any ecommerce platform, including ATG and IBM WebSphere.
- Demandware Mobile is a standalone mobile offering that enables retailers to quickly launch a mobile storefront with the enterprise-class functionality of Demandware's ecommerce platform. It is an easy-to-implement, fully customizable storefront optimized for the mobile Web.
- The explosion of mobile is making it a mission-critical channel for retailers. A recent survey of 3,600 U.S. consumers commissioned by Demandware showed that 15 percent of consumers have used a mobile device to make purchases. And Morgan Stanley predicts that by 2015, more consumers will shop with mobile devices than laptops or desktops.
- The first browser-agnostic ecommerce option for mobile storefronts, Demandware Mobile is also the first to enable personalized content on a mobile site through Active Merchandising® functionality. This feature drives dynamic customer interactions by enabling retailers to present personalized content and promotions to mobile consumers.
- Delivered on-demand, Demandware Mobile saves retailers the time and costs associated with traditional ecommerce infrastructure solutions, while retaining the benefits of their performance and providing industry-leading site uptime and PCI level 1.2 compliance. In addition, retailers receive automatic seasonal upgrades that include new merchandising functionality for continuous site innovation.
- Key functionality: Demandware Mobile offers a robust product catalog, flexible price books, comprehensive promotions, optimized mobile checkout, Active Merchandising® methodology, dynamic content slots, configurable site search, security, data integration and more.
- Availability: Demandware Mobile is available immediately.
"Customers are accessing our mobile site for essentials such as product information, pricing, and availability while they are watching television, which requires tight data synchronization between our mobile site, website and TV network," said Craig Shields, vice president of ecommerce, Jewelry Television. "In a short timeframe, we developed a feature-rich mobile web storefront on Demandware that made it extremely easy for us to capture this engaged and growing mobile population."
"Given its rapid adoption, mobile has to be a core part of retailers' overall commerce strategy and they need an enterprise-class solution to support this critical, fast-growing channel," said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing for Demandware. "Demandware Mobile can be used by any retailer to deliver rich, branded mobile shopping experiences, regardless of their existing ecommerce platform. Of course, we prefer that all retailers use Demandware for both ecommerce and mobile commerce, but now retailers who are locked into platforms such as ATG, WebSphere and others, can leverage the robust functionality and operational benefits of Demandware for the mobile channel."
- Barneys New York – m.barneys.com
- Columbia – m.columbia.com
- Mountain Hardwear -- m.mountainhardwear.com
- Crocs – m.crocs.com
- Nine West -- m.ninewest.com
- Sally Beauty – www.sallybeauty.com/mobile
- s.Oliver – m.soliver.de
- Jewelry Television – www.jtv.com
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/demandware
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/demandware
The Whitepaper link (Critical Success Factors):
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Callaway Golf, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Hanover Direct, Jones Apparel Group, Lifetime Brands, Michaels Stores, Neckermann, Panasonic, Reitmans, s.Oliver and Theory. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email email@example.com.
InkHouse for Demandware
SOURCE Demandware, Inc.