These company milestones address a growing business challenge associated with driving productivity for the "anywhere worker." In today's business world, regardless of size, industry or demographic, 80 percent of companies rely on a remote workforce, and this number is only expected to grow over the next three to five years, according to a new "2016 Report on Business Communications in the Era of the Anywhere Worker" produced by Dialpad.
As the gap widens between the technologies anywhere workers need and the solutions that have been available, businesses will rely more on "pure cloud" technology -- a sign that first-generation cloud communications providers did not offer the features and capabilities that enterprises need.
Dialpad is the only solution that meets the needs of the "desk phone optional" workforce. No other enterprise solution combining voice, video, instant messaging, text and online meetings is 100 percent free of on-premise hardware. Dialpad also does not require hardwired phones. With Dialpad, companies can finally junk the nearly useless desk phone, which according to 59 percent of the respondents to the Dialpad survey of more than 1,000 business professionals, is outdated. And yet, 66 percent of workers say their employers still provide them with one.
"We have a laser focus on making the desk phone completely unnecessary for companies of any size," said Craig Walker, CEO at Dialpad. "Across our 25,000 customers, only 15 percent are currently using their desk phones, and we are seeing that number decline every month. The rapid growth of Dialpad reflects the demand for the platform as well as its market acceptance."
Dialpad Growth and Global Expansion
- Doubled its customer base during the first half of 2016 – a 170 percent year-over-year growth rate
- Reached 25,000 paying customers, and the platform has logged over 1.7 billion voice minutes
- Revealed 85 percent of Dialpad users are completely free of their desk phones and now enabled to work from anywhere thanks to a "rip and replace" of their communications infrastructure
- Opened a new Tokyo office and two data centers in Japan to become the first "pure" cloud communications provider to enter the Japanese market, enabling the movement away from on-premises solutions along with improved call quality compared to existing providers
- Delivered 15 major releases in 19 months, made possible by a modern cloud infrastructure that scales on the Google Cloud Platform and that leverages the WebRTC Framework
- Won new customers, including Uber, Vivint Solar, U.S. Security Associates, TED Talks, Code42 and Betterment, which join early adopters of Dialpad, including Netflix, The Second City, charity: water and Fairchild Semiconductors
- Betterment saved 47 percent in telephony costs by switching to Dialpad
- Vivint Solar was able to reduce its IT staff from five to one to manage Dialpad for its 4,000 employees, 60 percent of whom are remote
New Dialpad Product Release
Dialpad already offers voice, video, messaging (SMS, MMS) for in and out of network communications; and UberConference by Dialpad, an enterprise-grade HD audio conferencing system with no PINs, no downloads, seamless screen sharing, and powerful call controls from any device.
Today, Dialpad releases 40 new enhancements that build upon the company's vision to provide "anywhere workers" with the optimal way to connect and collaborate, eliminating friction and frustration as employees and colleagues seek to increase productivity. Key enhancements include:
- Analytics for Dialpad and Uberconference by Dialpad offers a simple, visual way for end users to understand communication patterns -- callers, time of calls, messages (internal and external) -- to help them better manage the workday. Advanced analytics for administrators offers company-wide communications visibility with out-of-the-box insights on voice, messaging and meetings usage by person, leaderboards, department, office and location.
- Dialpad for iPad allows employees to make and receive calls, and offers SMS/MMS/Group messaging, caller insights, and call controls while on the go, in the field, or out of the office.
- Group messaging (chat & text anyone) streamlines internal and external communications from any device. With a simple click, users can message groups, sets of individuals, customers, or teams on the fly, easily add and remove recipients, and send any file, image or video.
- Salesforce integration makes sales, marketing and service professionals more productive by making it easy to log on-call interactions while in Dialpad and automatically log all inbound and outbound calls directly into Salesforce.
- Call blocking and spam filtering give employees control over their communications by letting them easily block unwanted callers with the click of a button.
- Voicemail Transcription lets users quickly preview a text version of voice messages on any device, ensuring they never miss an opportunity.
"We are fueling an unparalleled level of innovation across our Dialpad product," said Vincent Paquet, Vice President of Product at Dialpad. "No other company is delivering this approach, with the same complete, optimal experience for office-based, remote and mobile users. Our latest series of innovations empower customers to discard their desk phones and move away from the old players in the market, such as RingCentral and Cisco, that still leave their customers dependent on old and irrelevant desktop technology."
"With 60 operating sites across the U.S. and 60 percent of our workforce working remotely, we've always committed significant resources to ensuring an effective communications infrastructure," said Mike Hincks, Director of IT Infrastructure at Vivint Solar. "Thanks to Dialpad, our teams are better connected than ever before, even though we've gone from five IT employees managing our voice solution fulltime to just one person spending only about five percent of his time managing Dialpad."
"Our pure cloud IT stack was an important reason we chose Dialpad, and the solution has supported our agility and more, including delivering a 47 percent savings on telephony costs," said Mike Bongardino, Tech Ops Manager at Betterment. "Dialpad supports our work-from-anywhere culture by enabling our employees to connect with each other using their mobile device of choice, and Dialpad Analytics enables us to better understand what we can do to support their productivity."
"As a global charity with operations in 24 countries, we needed an affordable communications solution that was easy to set up and use and that would enable our project teams to communicate no matter where they were," said Ian Cook, Head of IT at charity: water. "Dialpad allows us to stay focused on our mission of providing every person on the planet with access to clean water, not on constantly managing a complex communications infrastructure."
Pricing and Availability
- Dialpad is available today for desktop, mobile phones, and tablet.
- Dialpad Analytics is available for all Dialpad users. Advanced analytics is available with the Enterprise pricing.
Learn more about Dialpad: http://www.dialpad.com
Learn more about UberConference by Dialpad: http://www.uberconference.com
Follow us on Twitter @DialpadHQ
Like us on Facebook
Download the 2016 Report on Business Communications in the Era of the Anywhere Worker
Dialpad is a Modern Business Communications (MBC) solution. Available on any device, anywhere, Dialpad includes voice, video, group messaging, SMS, MMS, conferencing, screen sharing, and document sharing, and is integrated with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Work. Dialpad customers include 60 percent of the Fortune 500, high-growth enterprises and forward thinking organizations including Uber, Vivint Solar, Fairchild Semiconductors, ClassPass, and Netflix. Formerly known as Switch.co, Dialpad is funded by Amasia, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Softbank and Work-Bench. For more information, visit dialpad.com and follow @DialpadHQ on Twitter.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160307/340863LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dialpads-170-percent-growth-global-expansion-and-new-product-release-open-market-to-modernize-enterprise-business-communications-300301083.html