WASHINGTON, March 15, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- There's an app for everything in this digital age, including hundreds developed by the federal government. Here are six apps that we found especially useful.
- Smart Traveler - Planning a trip out of the country this year? Smart Traveler by the State Department is great for all your trips abroad. Get the latest travel alerts and information on every country, including how to find and contact each U.S. Embassy.
- FoodKeeper - Ever wonder how long you should cook chicken or how long food can sit in the fridge before it goes bad? The U.S. Department of Agriculture's FoodKeeper is the tool for you. Not only can you find resources on food safety and post reminders of how long food will remain safe to eat, you can also ask a food safety specialist questions 24/7.
- FEMA App - The FEMA app helps you learn how to prepare for and respond to disasters. It includes weather alerts, tips for building a basic emergency supply kit, and contact information for applying for assistance and finding local shelters and disaster recovery centers. Stay safe and know what to do when disasters happen.
- IRS2GO - Tax season is here. This IRS app can help you track the status of your refund, make a payment, or find tax preparation assistance, sometimes for free.
- CDC Influenza App-Stay on top of the flu this season and get the latest updates from this official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention app. It's great for health practitioners, teachers, and parents, and includes tips for avoiding the flu and maps of influenza activity.
- Dwellr- Have you ever wondered what U.S. city might best suit you? Then the Dwellr app is just for you. When you first open the app, you're guided through an interactive survey, to better understand your ideal places to live based on data gathered by the Census Bureau.
Find more tools and tips from USAGov, your guide to government information and services at USA.gov/explore.
USAGov is a federal program that guides you to tips and tools in English and in Spanish from hundreds of government agencies, departments, and programs. We make it easier for you to find answers you can trust about government information and services--online, by phone, e-mail or chat, and in print.