DreamFactory Showcases Latest HTML5 Developer Tools As Sponsor of DevCon5
Cloud services specialist previews framework wizards for the DreamFactory Services Platform, easing the task of front-end developers who need to connect their mobile apps with essential back-end enterprise resources in the cloud. DreamFactory presents at 2:15 p.m. on Thursday, July 25, 2013.
CAMPBELL, Calif., July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- As a sponsor of the DevCon5 developer conference in New York next week, DreamFactory Software will introduce mobile application developers to new techniques that can reduce the time it takes to develop and deploy mobile applications for the enterprise. The Silicon Valley-based company recently launched the DreamFactory Services Platform, a standards-based, open-source mobile architecture that enables developers to connect HTML5 and native applications to a wide array of web services including SQL Data, BLOB Storage, User Management, App Hosting, and External Integration.
"What we hear from front-end developers is that connecting their apps to essential, cloud-based back-end services can be a struggle," said Bill Appleton, co-founder and CEO of DreamFactory. "Our Framework Wizard is designed specifically for developers who use AngularJS, jQuery and Sencha Touch, so they can quickly get productive with the DreamFactory Services Platform and take advantage of our efficient and modern development architecture."
DreamFactory and Modus Create co-present to HTML5 developers at DevCon5
At DevCon5, Appleton will demonstrate how HTML5 developers can benefit from a services approach as they develop mobile applications for enterprise use. He will outline the current state of mobile app development and deployment, and discuss the need for an approach that uses powerful cloud services through a REST interface that supports JSON objects for HTML5 or XML documents for native applications. He will demonstrate how to install the open source DreamFactory Services Platform on popular cloud computers from Amazon Web Services,Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace. Integration with popular client frameworks such as Sencha Touch, jQuery Mobile, and AngularJS will be highlighted.
Also on hand will be Patrick Sheridan of Modus Create, a product development, training, and services company based in Reston, Virginia. Sheridan will take attendees through the steps involved when his firm recently used the DreamFactory Services Platform to provide back-end integration for a cloud-based enterprise-wide address book app. "The DreamFactory Services Platform is ideally suited for a front-end developer to implement and deploy HTML5 applications," says Sheridan.
Appleton and Sheridan are presenting the session "How to Apply a Services Approach to Enterprise Mobile App Development" on Thursday, July 25 and 2:15 p.m.
DreamFactory enables enterprise mobility using agile development techniques
The DreamFactory Services Platform provides access to a rich set of back-end resources through a REST interface that supports both JSON and XML documents. This standards-based, open-source mobile architecture enables developers to connect HTML5 and native applications to a wide array of web services including SQL Data, BLOB Storage, User Management, App Hosting, and External Integration.
The key features of the DreamFactory Services Platform include:
- Admin Console. Each DreamFactory Service Platform (DSP) comes with a built-in Admin Console written in HTML5 that helps system administrators build applications for end users, manage users and roles, create SQL schema, and connect to external services.
- App Hosting. A DSP can host any number of applications that share access to the service architecture and various data objects. Each application is a mini website from which developers can quickly upload and manage various files and folders.
- User Management. The DSP takes care of user management, single sign-on, password hashing, and user roles. Developers can control which users get which applications, and which applications have access to various data objects and services.
- SQL Services. The DSP includes a comprehensive and secure connection to a dedicated SQL database. It offers services for Create, Read, Update and Delete, as well as complex filtering and a complete suite of metadata services.
- BLOB Storage. The DSP provides interfaces to all of the major BLOB storage systems including S3 and Azure BLOB. The master credentials to each service are hidden by the platform and users are granted access through single sign-on.
- External Integration. The DSP can provision any number of integration points for external services such as email, NoSQL data, and BLOB storage. These services hide master credentials on the platform and can be administered by user role.
WHERE TO GET MORE INFORMATION
To learn more about DreamFactory's new mobile development architecture, download the eBook, and visit the DreamFactory blog for the latest techniques for mobile app development.
ABOUT DREAMFACTORY SOFTWARE
DreamFactory Software Inc. develops and markets technology that enables developers to connect modern mobile apps to enterprise back-end infrastructure in the cloud. Enterprises, web development agencies, and independent developers use DreamFactory to build secure, modern mobile apps and deploy them on any cloud or datacenter. The company is based in Campbell, California and has a development center in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit www.dreamfactory.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @dfsoftwareinc.
Media Contact: Tim Cox, ZingPR, 650-369-7784, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE DreamFactory Software Inc.
More by this Source
Mobile App Developers Can Now Use DreamFactory To Hook Up With Salesforce
Nov 14, 2013, 13:25 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.