CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Creativity, innovation and a commitment to leadership are just some of the distinguishing marks that identify the organizations selected for the 2015 Duke Energy Power Partners award.
The winners are recognized for their responsible energy use, and creating lasting value for their organizations and the communities they serve.
Some of the implemented advanced and inventive projects are:
- Providing standby power systems for critical manufacturing processes, as well as making power capacity available to the grid in case of emergencies through Duke Energy's PowerShare® program
- Partnering with Duke Energy on energy efficiency incentive programs to complete extensive facility renovations and upgrades to save energy
- Working with Duke Energy to upgrade electrical infrastructure to support an organization's growth and improve multiple energy efficiency upgrades
"We are pleased to recognize these organizations for their wise use of energy," said Chris Edge, Duke Energy vice president for large business customers. "It's exciting to collaborate with them and witness firsthand how they add value to their customers and their communities."
Duke Energy established the Power Partner awards in 1992 to honor businesses and other entities that achieve exemplary results in energy efficiency, sustainability and business growth. Each of the 2015 Power Partners will be recognized at individual award ceremonies this winter.
The 2015 Power Partners are:
- Bausch & Lomb (Greenville, S.C.)
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
- Childress Klein (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Cisco Systems (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Coty Inc. (Sanford, N.C.)
- Crystal Photonics, Inc. (Sanford, Fla.)
- Dairy Fresh LLC (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- Forest Hills School District (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- HCL America (Cary, N.C.)
- Impact Forge Group (Columbus, Ind.)
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Burlington, N.C.)
- MillerCoors (Trenton, Ohio)
- QuikTrip (national account with locations in the Carolinas)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.)
Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the United States. Its regulated utility operations serve approximately 7.3 million electric customers located in six states in the Southeast and Midwest, representing a population of approximately 23 million people. Its Commercial Portfolio and International business segments own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets in the United States.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at duke-energy.com.
SOURCE Duke Energy