PLANO, Texas, Feb. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Eastern District of Texas Bar Association has kicked off its 20th year by selecting some of the state's top attorneys as officers and directors for 2016. The Eastern District Bar is dedicated to achieving justice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas by fostering the highest ethical and professional standards among its members.
The new Eastern District Bar officers and directors for 2016 are:
- President – Stephanie Barnes of East Texas-based Siebman, Burg, Phillips & Smith, LLP
- Past President – Michael Truncale of Beaumont's Orgain Bell & Tucker, LLP
- President-Elect – William E. "Bo" Davis III of Longview's The Davis Firm P.C.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Geoffrey P. Culbertson of Texarkana's Patton Tidwell & Culbertson LLP
- Director – William C. "Charles" Bundren of Frisco's Wm Charles Bundren & Associates Law Group, PLLC
- Director – Melissa R. Smith of Marshall's Gilliam & Smith LLP
- Director – Jennifer Parker Ainsworth of Tyler's Wilson, Robertson & Cornelius P.C.
- Director – Douglas A. Cawley of Dallas' McKool Smith
"As we celebrate our 20th year, the members of the Eastern District Bar are determined to continue improving our work before the local courts while upholding the standards that should be expected of every lawyer," says Ms. Barnes.
The group's annual Eastern District of Texas Bench Bar Conference draws hundreds of respected judges and lawyers from across the U.S. for informative continuing legal education programs focused on the Eastern District and the latest developments in intellectual property law. Last year's Bench Bar conference was one of the most successful in history, hosting more than 400 attendees and earning national media coverage. Read more here: http://www.edtexbar.com/news/.
The Eastern District is home to the nation's busiest patent docket and some of the world's highest-profile intellectual property cases and other significant civil and criminal litigation. The district's judges are recognized internationally for effectively and efficiently resolving complex litigation, and for protecting the rights of parties to litigation involving innovations that help drive the economy locally, statewide and nationally.
Founded in 1995, the Eastern District Bar works to preserve integrity, honor, professionalism and courtesy among members practicing in the Eastern District, which is headquartered in Tyler with divisions in Beaumont, Lufkin, Marshall, Sherman and Texarkana. Click here to learn more about the group: http://www.edtexbar.com/.
For more information, please contact Bruce Vincent at 800-559-4534 or email@example.com.
SOURCE The Eastern District of Texas Bar Association