REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, together with Rackspace®, the #1 managed cloud company, today announced a collaboration to offer private access to Rackspace cloud services from Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers across North America. For customers who require the flexibility and elasticity of the cloud, with the enhanced security and performance characteristics of traditional hosting, Equinix will offer direct access to Rackspace dedicated data centers via direct cross connects, as well as through Equinix Cloud Exchange™, the interconnection solution that provides direct access to leading cloud providers from a single port.
By offering direct connection to Rackspace services via Equinix Cloud Exchange, Equinix and Rackspace are empowering their customers to realize the full benefits of hybrid and multi-cloud solutions by providing access to leading cloud service providers in a secure and high-performing environment. In addition, existing Equinix customers will now be able to add Rackspace managed services to their hybrid or multi-cloud deployments. Initially, access will only be available to Microsoft® Azure™ via Rackspace, with the possibility of adding additional cloud service providers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Equinix provides private, reliable connectivity from a customer's infrastructure to Rackspace, as well as to additional cloud service providers. The service is ideal for enterprise customers looking to build hybrid cloud deployments, with components hosted at Rackspace as well as others hosted externally. Direct, private access provides the performance and reliability of a private cloud with the cost benefits of the public cloud.
- Rackspace services will initially be available through the Equinix Cloud Exchange platform in Chicago, Dallas, and Washington, D.C., with future expansion planned for EMEA and Asia Pacific.
- Availability on the Equinix Cloud Exchange allows Rackspace to provide their customers with an agile mix of Rackspace hosted applications, such as database replication, along with the ability to build out a multi-cloud strategy via the Exchange's supported leading cloud service providers.
- Mark Adams, Chief Development Officer, Equinix:
"Today's cloud applications require higher performance than ever before. Together with Rackspace, we are making it easier for customers to access and deploy the cloud infrastructure that makes the most sense for them. RackConnect Global inside Equinix will give our customers new hosted cloud services, and Rackspace customers will benefit from access to any cloud provider on the Cloud Exchange, thus making multi-cloud a reality."
- John Engates, Chief Technology Officer, Rackspace:
"Equinix's vast global datacenter footprint and the direct network access they provide to leading cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure is a very powerful combination. With this new collaboration, Rackspace continues to simplify interconnection to multiple clouds in a way that enables our customers to reap the full benefits of the hybrid cloud – cost savings, scalability and increased performance – in a managed and secure way."
- More about Equinix and Rackspace http://blog.rackspace.com/extend-your-infrastructure-into-rackspace-with-rackconnect-global/
- More about Equinix Cloud Exchange: http://www.equinix.com/services/interconnection-connectivity/cloud-exchange/
Rackspace and RackConnect are service marks or registered service marks of Rackspace US, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.