REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it will provide private access to Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute via its Equinix Cloud Exchange™ in the company's Toronto (TR2) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. Through this partnership, Canadian-based companies gain private access to both Azure and Office 365 while maintaining data residency in region. This deployment is part of Equinix's global partnership with Microsoft which now directly connects 18 markets globally with Azure ExpressRoute.
Many companies are looking to deploy hybrid clouds through private interconnection, to reap the scalability and cost benefits of the cloud, while at the same time maintaining the control of on-premises infrastructure. In fact, a recent study, Enterprise of the Future, found that by 2017, 84 percent of IT leaders will deploy IT infrastructure where interconnection – defined as private, secure physical or virtual connections – is at the core, compared to only 38 percent today. By offering private access to Azure ExpressRoute and Office 365 across the global market, Equinix helps enterprise CIOs achieve this by seamlessly incorporating Azure and Office 365 services into their existing architectures.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Opened in 2015, Equinix's TR2 facility offers interconnections for more than 155 enterprise companies, financial services firms, and more than 60 cloud and network providers that have collocated with Equinix via the company's original data center in Toronto, TR1. Expanding Azure ExpressRoute into this critical market provides our many Canadian enterprise customers the benefit of a high-performing and private connection to the Microsoft Cloud and our growing cloud ecosystem.
- Equinix is working with several reseller partners in the Canadian market to help customers quickly realize the benefits of Equinix Cloud Exchange and the Microsoft Cloud. These partners include Airgate, IMP Solutions, New Signature, Powerland and Solgenia.
- As one of the first data center providers to deliver private access to Microsoft's cloud services on a global scale, Equinix has enabled enterprise customers to speed hybrid- and multi-cloud deployments by privately connecting to Azure in Equinix data centers across five continents including North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Australia. Equinix offers private connections to both Azure and Office 365 in the following markets: Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Osaka, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, and Washington D.C.
- Janet Kennedy, president, Microsoft Canada
"We are thrilled to continue collaborating with Equinix and are happy to welcome them in Canada as an Azure ExpressRoute partner. Equinix now connects to 18 markets globally with Azure ExpressRoute, helping to further business innovation and competitiveness in a cloud-first, mobile-first world."
- Greg Adgate, vice president of global technology partners, Equinix:
"By providing direct access to Azure and Office 365 via ExpressRoute inside Equinix data centers, we are enabling companies, worldwide, to bridge their cloud and data center strategies and fully realize the benefits of hybrid and multi-cloud. By offering this capability now in Canada, local companies concerned with data residency can now get the full benefits of Microsoft cloud services, in a trusted, secure, low-latency deployment."
- Andrew Eppich, managing director , Equinix Canada
"The primary goal of Equinix Canada has always been to connect our customers to the business partners and service providers across their digital supply chains in a way that enables them to gain the most business value. By providing access to additional cloud services in a secure and direct manner enables our local Canadian enterprise customers to reap the benefits of the cloud, while helping to keep their data local and secure.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-extends-microsoft-azure-expressroute-availability-into-canada-300289226.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.