REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Datapipe, a leader in managed cloud services for the enterprise, has been named the 2016 Equinix Americas Partner of the Year. Datapipe was recognized for its outstanding achievements in customer acquisition, global expansion of Platform Equinix and its ability to offer innovative managed hybrid IT solutions to a broad base of enterprise customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- A long-standing member of the Equinix Channel Partner Program, Datapipe has been collaborating with Equinix for sixteen years. As a member of the program, Datapipe's global presence has grown across four continents, and the company is poised to service the world's largest multi-national hybrid cloud needs. This recognition expands Datapipe's status as an Equinix Platinum Partner and reinforces Datapipe's collaboration with Equinix to provide secure, high performance hybrid IT solutions that allow enterprise customers to remain competitive and relevant in today's demanding marketplace.
- Equinix and Datapipe previously announced a collaboration to provide managed Hybrid IT Solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS), which leverages Equinix's global footprint of more than 145 International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers and combines Equinix Cloud Exchange™ with Datapipe's managed services and the AWS platform. This solution has provided enterprise customers with unprecedented security, choice and control for how they architect, build, migrate and manage enterprise applications and workloads in the AWS cloud. The companies also jointly offer hybrid IT solutions for Microsoft Azure. This solution allows customers to implement hybrid IT scenarios comprised of automated, on-demand technology that accelerate Azure cloud adoption.
- Equinix's Channel Partner Program provides partners with access to Equinix's global footprint, advanced interconnection solutions and vast business ecosystems to meet customers' IT performance, reliability and cost requirements, while unlocking new revenue streams in an expanding global market. Through the program, enterprise customers have access to public clouds, private clouds and traditional IT environments—all architected, deployed and fully managed by trusted Equinix channel partners such as Datapipe.
- Greg Adgate, vice president, partnerships and alliances, Equinix:
"As a long-time partner of Equinix, Datapipe has successfully worked with us to deliver global, multi-platform hybrid IT solutions for the enterprise with direct connections to multiple public, private and hybrid clouds for some time. We are thrilled to have Datapipe as part of the partner program, and look forward to future successes together."
- Bill Pratt, senior vice president, colocation group for Datapipe:
"Our participation in Equinix's Channel Partner Program as a Platinum Partner represents the culmination of over sixteen years of collaboration and ensures that when an enterprise engages with Datapipe within an Equinix Data Center, they receive global resources and depth of Equinix's services backed and managed by Datapipe's cloud expertise."
- James Tansey, vice president, channel sales, Datapipe:
"The Equinix Channel Partner Program has enabled Datapipe to leverage the Interconnection Oriented Architecture (IOA) that Equinix provides to help some of the world's most trusted brands compete and thrive in the global marketplace. We are proud to be named Americas Partner of the Year as it recognizes the commitment that Equinix has to its partners."
Equinix, Inc. connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies.
A next generation MSP, Datapipe is recognized as the pioneer of managed services for public cloud platforms. Datapipe has unique expertise in architecting, migrating, managing and securing public cloud, private cloud, hybrid IT and traditional IT. The world's most trusted brands partner with Datapipe to optimize mission-critical and day-to-day enterprise IT operations, enabling them to transform, innovate, and scale. Backed by a global team of experienced professionals and world-class interconnected data centers, Datapipe provides comprehensive cloud, compliance, security, governance, automation and DevOps solutions. Gartner named Datapipe a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in 2016.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-names-datapipe-americas-partner-of-the-year-300404966.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.