NEW YORK, May 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Food waste is a massive issue that has grave environmental and economic repercussions. Approximately 90 million tonnes of food waste is generated annually in Europe, which could increase by 35% if no actions are taken. The European commission and the United Nations have targets to cut the amount of food waste by 50% by 2025. Waste management companies are also developing innovative recycling technologies to deal with food waste. This insight provides an overview of the European food waste management services market, covering the major trends, influences, and challenges in the market.
-According to the European Commission, Million tonnes of food waste is generated yearly in Europe; critical measures are taken to tackle the problem of rising volume of food waste.
• Considering European food waste management services, key trends such as lifestyle, consumption patterns, smart cities, and urbanisation are expected to boost the market for the next few years.
• Of the key countries included in this study, the United Kingdom (UK) has the highest volume of food waste generated annually— Million tonnes a year—followed by Germany ( Million tonnes a year), France ( Million tonnes a year), Italy ( Million tonnes a year), and Spain ( Million tonnes a year).
• Stringent regulations and growing environmental issues are driving the food waste management market significantly. However, Eastern Europe is yet to develop its waste treatment techniques.
• Innovative recycling and energy recovery systems are expected to dominate the food waste management services market.
• Numerous waste management companies in Europe are striving to develop intelligent technologies to make the best use of food waste and achieve a 'zero-waste' economy by 2020.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03846650-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/european-food-waste-management-services-market-300273271.html