Europe's Wind Power and Energy Future: EWEA 2013
BRUSSELS, December 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Opening press conference Vienna, 10.30 on Monday 4 February 2013
Chief executives, energy ministers, international journalists and energy experts from all around the world will meet in Vienna at the EWEA 2013 annual event from 4-7 February 2013, to discuss Europe's energy policy and the future of wind energy. Last year 150 journalists, 10600 visitors and 523 exhibitors from 83 countries attended EWEA 2012.
At the annual event, organised by the European Wind Energy Association, key questions will be discussed:
- Are "green subsidies" an economic burden or are they an effective way to regenerate our economies, drive green growth, and reach the 2020 renewable energy targets, legally binding for all 27 EU Member States?
- Will wind energy lower electricity bills or could private households in Europe suffer from growing renewable energy production?
- Do central and south-eastern European countries offer new potential for growth in wind energy?
- Ireland's Energy Minister Pat Rabbitte , President of the EU's Energy Council in the first half of 2013
- Turkey's Energy Minister, Taner Yildiz
- Austria's Minister of the Economy, Reinhold Mitterlehner
- Francesco Starace , CEO of Enel Green Power
- Over 150 experts in 40 sessions on energy policy, finance, science, technology, markets and resource assessment.
Journalists have free access to EWEA 2013, including all conference sessions and to the many hundred exhibitors.
Please use this link if you'd like to register: http://www.xpressreg.net/register/ewea023/media/start.asp
Journalist trips are organised. You can visit the Zwentendorf atomic power plant, although completed in 1978, it will never go into operation. Another trip brings you to the world's most powerful wind turbines (E-126), and to Enercon's largest tower production outside of Germany.
A press centre with access to internet, computers, phones, copying machines, drinks and lunch will be available exclusively to journalists during the event.
The opening press conference with be held at 10.30 on Monday 4 February.
A major report will be launched on Europe's emerging wind energy markets.
You can find further conference information here:
SOURCE EWEA European Wind Energy Association
More by this Source
Concurso fotográfico en el Día mundial del viento 2013
Feb 27, 2013, 12:14 ET
Competição de Fotos Global Wind Day 2013
Feb 27, 2013, 11:29 ET
Fotowettbewerb zum Global Wind Day 2013
Feb 27, 2013, 11:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.