Expedia Adds Beautiful, Simple Itinerary with Live Data to Award-Winning Booking App
Expedia Shares New Download Numbers, Passes 11 Million Downloads Milestone on Eve of Mobile Itineraries Launch
BELLEVUE, Wash., March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia.com®, the world's leading online travel company, today announced the addition of a set of robust, visual mobile itineraries capabilities to its award-winning Expedia mobile app. Because the itinerary is connected to the traveler's Expedia itinerary, the mobile app gives the traveler up-to-date info in their hands at every stage of travel using a set of rich visual cues. Using location awareness and time zone updates, the app surfaces the most relevant part of the itinerary and related information like airport maps, flight status, confirmation codes and addresses at the moment the traveler is most likely to need that piece of information. The addition of mobile itineraries neatly complements the features that have made the free Expedia app one of the top apps in travel: flight booking from more than 200 airlines, selection of more than 140,000 hotel properties and mobile-only deals.
"Unlike other itinerary applications, we've built what travelers really want. We are giving them live access to the most up-to-date travel data and wrapped it in a beautiful experience. We're launching our itinerary in 30 countries and 16 languages; on Android and iOS; for both phones and tablets around the world simultaneously. This is our biggest mobile launch ever," said John Kim, Senior Vice President, Global Products, Expedia.
The Expedia app's Mobile Itineraries feature delivers the following benefits:
- The most real-time data; the app updates information automatically.
- Free flight status updates (competitors tend to require premium upgrades to access this feature).
- Itinerary sharing via email and SMS.
- Login-free itinerary access using email and itinerary number.
- One-touch access to Expedia customer service.
- Itinerary information for all bookings made on desktop or mobile. Namely:
- Flights. Mobile Itineraries displays confirmation code, airline, flight number, travel dates and times, gate information and flight status. Additionally, it provides a flights map showing pins for departure and arrival, as well as potential layover airports and paths between them. The app also shows airport terminal maps for over 200 major airports worldwide.
- Hotels. The Hotel Page shows hotel address, contact information and a map of where hotel is located.
- Car Rentals. Provides confirmation code, car rental company, phone number for national 800 number, local phone number and the pickup and drop-off date and time.
- Cruise. See the day your cruise starts, then tap your cruise to open up your full cruise itinerary on the web.
- Destination Services. Shows the valid start date for each activity, the date the activity expires, the number and name(s) of guests and a link to redeem vouchers, which provides barcodes for the activity.
Expedia also announced today that the Expedia mobile app has been downloaded over 11 million times in 228 different countries and territories including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows 8 tablet versions.
The app is free and is available for download at www.expedia.com/app.
Expedia.com is the world's leading online travel site, helping millions of travelers per month easily plan and book travel. Expedia.com (http://www.expedia.com/, 1-800-EXPEDIA) aims to provide the latest technology and the widest selection of vacation packages, flights, hotels, rental cars, resorts, cruises and in-destination activities, attractions, services and travel apps. With the Expedia Best Price Guarantee, Expedia.com customers can get the best rates available online for all types of travel. Whether you want to relax in Turks and Caicos, scuba in St. Lucia or spring ski in Vail, we know every trip and every traveler is unique and we want to help you Find Yours™.
Expedia, Expedia.com and the Airplane logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. © 2013 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST # 2029030-50
Web site: http://www.expedia.com/
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.