DETROIT, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Company's global leadership discussed supply base's critical role in FCA's continued success, plans to improve supplier relationships and the Company's quality goals
- Eighteen awards presented for extraordinary performance in 2014
FCA US LLC celebrated its best and brightest suppliers yesterday at the Company's annual awards event held at Sound Board at MotorCity Hotel. Now in its fifth year, the awards event recognizes suppliers that have shown extraordinary commitment in key areas such as quality, innovation, continuous improvement and the Company's Foundational Principles.
Purchasing leaders Tom Finelli, Head of North America Group Purchasing, FCA US, and Scott Garberding, Head of Group Purchasing, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA), addressed an audience of more than 1,000, discussing the event's theme - "Quality Makers: Design a Better Way."
"It is extremely important to us to celebrate the achievements of our suppliers," said Finelli. "Their success is our success. Our goal is to cultivate a thriving, innovative supply base that shares our values and can grow alongside us."
Other FCA leaders, including Mark Chernoby, Chief Operating Officer Product Development, Head of Product Portfolio Management and Head of Quality, FCA, and Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer and CEO, FIAT Brand, FCA, also spoke to the group.
The Qualitas Awards recognize both production and nonproduction suppliers that not only demonstrate operational excellence, but that also demonstrate strong corporate values with leadership in areas such as diversity, innovation and sustainability. The 2014 FCA US Qualitas Award recipients are:
- Supplier of the Year – HS R&A (HWASEUNG RUBBER & AUTOMOTIVE)
- Foundational Principles Award (Indirect) – Hanwha
- Foundational Principles Award (Direct) – US Farathane
- Metallic Quality Supplier of the Year – Prime Wheel Corporation
- Electrical Quality Supplier of the Year – Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America
- Powertrain Quality Supplier of the Year – F.C.C.
- Chemical Quality Supplier of the Year – Bridgestone
- MOPAR Quality Supplier of the Year – NSI
- Capital Equipment Quality Supplier of the Year – GROB
- Services Quality Supplier of the Year – RR Donnelley
- Diversity Supplier Development Supplier of the Year – Barton Malow Company and Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Sustainability Supplier of the Year – Continental Automotive Guadalajara Mexico S.A. de C.V.
- Tooling Supplier of the Year – HS Die & Engineering, Inc.
- Supply Chain Management Supplier of the Year – Vari-Form
- Logistics Supplier of the Year – Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport
- Technical Cost Reduction Supplier of the Year – Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Innovation Supplier of the Year – Alpine Electronics, Inc.
Award recipients were determined based on an evaluation of each company's External Balanced Scorecard performance in 2014 – a rating system that evaluates supplier performance in areas such as quality, delivery, cost, warranty and partnership – and input from FCA senior leadership. Suppliers were able to nominate themselves to be considered for the Innovation, Sustainability and Diversity Supplier Development award categories. Awards for Supplier of the Year and adherence to FCA Foundational Principles were added this year. Winners received a trophy that was custom designed and crafted by FCA vehicle designers.
FCA US has had a renewed focus on supplier relations since 2009. Activities, such as regular supplier town hall forums, dedicated supplier advisory councils and focused dialogue with the supply base, have helped the Company foster more positive, mutually beneficial supplier relationships. The Company also has instituted programs that enhance collaboration and earlier supplier engagement in vehicle program development, foster supplier innovation, drive implementation of supplier generated ideas to optimize the value of purchased components and has executed many process and system improvements to help suppliers work with the Company more effectively. According to the annual Planning Perspectives survey, the Company has improved working relations with suppliers by an industry-best 51 percent since 2009.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
SOURCE FCA US LLC