Find Some Warmer Weather and Save Big With Holiday Travel Bookings Completed through Getaroom.com
Top Destinations Such as Las Vegas and Orlando Available at Significant Discounts
MIAMI, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, released today a collection of tips for holidays travelers who want to enjoy some sun, miss the crowds, and save money.
Getaroom offers substantial discounts on hotel accommodations with last-minute deals at top destinations. Follow the company's top 10 tips to save money on winter travel:
- For the best deals, book early for the top warm weather destinations. Top warm weather destinations on getaroom.com now are Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix, Anaheim, Orlando, and the Florida Keys.
- The top two destinations for deals are Las Vegas and Orlando. Hotels in Vegas can be incredibly cheap when booked mid-week in December or January. As low as $75 for a 4.5 star suite! 50% off many hotels in Orlando.
- Check flights before departure for weather delays, and if possible avoid connections in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and other northern hubs. If your flight is canceled, you should immediately go on the phone and online to rebook. Don't wait in line at the airport counter.
- Some destinations such as Vegas and Phoenix can get pretty cold in the winter, so pack appropriately.
- Getaroom.com's unpublished rates can save you 10 to 20 percent and as much as 50% off the lowest online rates on thousands of top hotels at winter destinations around the world.
- Be proactive in changing plans if weather or other events look bad. Saving hours of frustration is worth the change fees.
- Flight cancelled? Call your hotel ASAP to avoid being charged.
- Consider some alternative warm weather destinations such as Fort Meyers, Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, or the Big Island of Hawaii to avoid some crowds and experience a new destination.
- Kids begging for Disneyworld? Consider the two-bedroom kid suite at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando on many dates for less than $100 a night.
- Find nonstop flights whenever possible. If a nonstop is $100 more, but you get six hours more of vacation time, then consider it money well spent.
"Escaping winter's grip shouldn't be out of reach for the average traveler," said Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. "By following our useful tips and using our great discounts, travelers on any budget can get quality accommodations at substantial discounts."
For more information about great holidays deals, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.