First-Ever Aerotropolis Conference & Exhibition Coming to Dallas/Fort Worth Area
DFW International Airport, North Texas region to serve as case study to expand understanding of community development around airports
LONDON, August 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) will serve as the host airport of the inaugural Aerotropolis Americas Conference and Exhibition (AACE), scheduled for October 29-31, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency DFW. DFW is a prime example of an "aerotropolis", a concept which is taking hold internationally.
Conference sessions will be led by top airport executives, government officials, and business leaders who are directly engaged in aerotropolis initiatives in the Americas and around the world. Conference participants will hear panellists' insights on the development of the aerotropolis concept and its impact on the growth and development of regions, cities and airports.
"Not so long ago, airports were built near cities, and roads connected one to the other. Today, air travel and expanding global business networks have changed that pattern of development," said Jeff Fegan, DFW Airport Chief Executive Officer. "Cities are now effectively orbiting their airports such as DFW, which are becoming major facilitators of the fast-paced, internationally connected regional economy."
Dallas-Fort Worth, the fourth largest and fastest growing region in the United States, due in large part to DFW Airport and its access to the world as a global hub, is a case study in Aerotropolis: The Way We'll Live Next, co-authored by John D. Kasarda, Ph.D., the leading developer of the aerotropolis concept who will chair the conference: "The DFW area is an exemplary aerotropolis in evolution with the airport driving and shaping business development around it and outward for many miles," noted Kasarda.
The AACE provides a learning platform for real estate developers and professionals, planners who are active in airport development, economic development agencies, suppliers and solution providers, cargo and logistics operators and freight-forwarders, airport executives and managers, and others interested in development in and around airports.
The inaugural AACE event is bringing together a panel of mayors, including Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price, Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne and Mayor Michael Hancock of Denver, who will discuss regional collaboration in successful development and the challenges of engaging, aligning and managing numerous stakeholder interests. During this key session, participants will hear how regional entities have worked collaboratively to attract companies to their region.
A pre-conference master class with Dr. Kasarda is available for participants interested in an intensive learning opportunity. Participants can also register for an Aerotropolis Tour through DFW Airport and edge communities for a demonstration of this development concept.
For a full schedule of sessions or to register for the conference, visit the Aerotropolis Americas Conference & Exhibition website for information and details.
Notes to Editors
About Aerotropolis Americas
- The Aerotropolis Americas conference and Exhibition (AACE) is the new annual event for the global airport development and real estate communities, designed to complement the Airport Cities World Conference and Exhibition (ACE) with a more practical approach and a regional focus.
- During Airport Cities' 11-year journey around the globe, a number of major international airports and pioneers of the Aerotropolis concept have hosted, including Dubai, Detroit, Rome, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Beijing, Dallas, Memphis, Denver and in 2014 Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia will host.
- More news, features and blogs from the Airport Cities community can be found at http://www.globalairportcities.com
- The Airport Cities brand was acquired by UBM in 2012 and from 1st August 2012 Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition, the Aerotropolis events and the Routes and ASM businesses became part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Aerotropolis Americas, Aerotropolis EMEA and Airport Cities, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @AirportCities, @NikiMayYoung
About DFW International Airport
Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW International Airport is the world's fourth busiest, offering 1,900 flights per day and serving 58 million passengers a year. DFW provides nonstop service to 148 domestic and 52 international destinations worldwide. For five consecutive years, DFW has ranked in the top five for customer service among large airports worldwide in surveys conducted by Airports Council International. For the latest news, real-time flight information, parking availability or further details regarding the many services provided at DFW International Airport, visit http://www.dfwairport.com or download the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for iOS, Android or Blackberry devices.
(Re)defining DFW International Airport
DFW International Airport's $2.3 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP) is (re)defining first class for this global gateway. For the latest details regarding TRIP, log on to http://www.dfwairport.com/redefine.
Follow DFW International Airport On:
SOURCE Airport Cities UBM Live
More by this Source
12th Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition Comes to KL
Sep 17, 2013, 10:32 ET
Malaysia Airport's Key Development Plans for KLIA and the Surrounding Area
Sep 12, 2013, 07:57 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.