LOS ANGELES, Nov. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- BEZALEL – the company devoted to empowering mobile device users to discard the power cord – is launching a Kickstarter campaign November 10 – December 15 to fund production of the first universal wireless charging case for the iPhone. The initial 400 pre-orders on Kickstarter for the new Latitude iPhone case will be manufactured and delivered in time for Christmas.
"The latest iPhones have just about every feature imaginable, with the exception of built-in wireless charging," said BEZALEL CEO and Co-Founder Frank Wu. "We're returning to our Kickstarter roots to enable iPhone users to power up wherever there's a wireless charger."
BEZALEL's Latitude is the first case for the iPhone that works with both the Qi and PMA wireless charging standards. Such dual-mode compatibility means the Latitude can charge the iPhone with every type of wireless charger, including those at a growing number of public places and in an expanding range of products. Those currently using the Qi standard include McDonald's, IKEA (in select tables and lamps) and Toyota/Lexus; those using PMA include Starbucks, Delta Airlines and GM (select vehicles). The Latitude is the first and only wireless charging solution that doesn't make iPhone users pick a side in the war over competing standards.
The Latitude Kickstarter campaign (http://bit.ly/LatitudeKickstarter) marks a return to crowdfunding for BEZALEL, which launched its breakthrough fully-mobile (rechargeable) wireless charging device via Kickstarter in January 2014.
"Our initial Kickstarter campaign last year earned more than four times its fundraising goal, and we're even more charged up now to empower iPhone users in time for the holidays," added Wu.
Kickstarter Campaign Info:
- Launch Date: November 10, 2015
- End Date: December 15, 2015
- The first 400 pledges of $39.00 pre-order the Latitude charging case (for the iPhone 6 or 6s) at the early-bird rate, with delivery guaranteed in time for Christmas.
- The following pledges of $45 pre-order the Latitude charging case (for the iPhone 6 or 6s) at the discounted price, with delivery in March 2016.
- Those who want to pre-order the Latitude case for the iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus may pledge at the discounted price of $54, with delivery in March 2016.
- Additional reward options are available for pre-ordering bundles of two or more Latitude cases (please see the Kickstarter campaign page for more info).
- Early-Bird Ship Date: Guaranteed in time for Christmas (for the first 400 pledges)
- Standard Ship Date: March 2016
- Campaign Funding Goal: $30,000
- How Funds Will be Used: For first production run of the Latitude (initial custom molding, raw materials and skilled labor).
Latitude Product Info:
- Available for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus
- Colors: Black and White
- Material: Advanced polycarbonate
- Dual (Qi and PMA) wireless charging compatibility
- Strong and stylish ultra-slim design
- Easy access to controls; guaranteed to accommodate every type of 3.5 mm earphone plug
- Flexible and super-durable Lightening cable connector (to easily synch and charge iPhone the old fashioned way)
Los Angeles-based BEZALEL was founded in 2013 to design and manufacture wireless charging technology that lets mobile device users ditch the power cord, both at home and on-the-go. After completing the USC Viterbi School of Engineering's renowned Start-Up Garage incubator program, the company conducted an initial Kickstarter campaign named one of the Top 10 of 2014. Its debut products include the Prelude fully-mobile (i.e., rechargeable) wireless charger, and the Latitude first-of-its-kind dual-mode (Qi and PMA) wireless charging case for the iPhone. More information is available at Bezalel.co.