SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- The producers of "Jersey Shore" have done it again, capturing the over-the-top personalities of five East Coast couples, two from Long Island and three from New Jersey, as they each plan the wedding of their dreams on the new VH1 series "My Big Friggin Wedding." In this ten episode docu-series, cameras will follow the stress and drama of five couples and their families as they prepare to tie the knot… or not. Throughout the weeks leading up to their nuptials, these couples will battle their families, friends and each other to work out all the details of their "big day." Whether the drama is about smoke machines and lasers at the reception or signing a last minute prenuptial agreement, these couples will stop at nothing to throw the most "friggin" over-the-top party of their lives – but at what cost to their relationships? "My Big Friggin Wedding" premieres Monday, November 1 at 9:00 PM*.
It's the most stressful time in a young couple's life. From bridal showers that unexpectedly turn into baby showers to joint bachelor and bachelorette parties that are so out of control they could end a relationship, each couple struggles with their own drama. More than just getting to the altar, this docu-series chronicles the real life triumphs and tribulations of planning a "big friggin" wedding and uniting two completely different families. Even though it may be time for them to settle down, it's certainly not time to settle for anything less than an outrageous, completely over-the-top wedding.
Full episodes and extra scenes from "My Big Friggin Wedding" will be available on VH1.com and VH1 Mobile each week following the show's on-air premiere.
"My Big Friggin Wedding" Couples:
- Tammie & Danny – from Massapequa, NY. She's a Long Island princess who wants a baby. He's a divorced Haitian immigrant with three kids of his own. Can he get her to sign a pre-nup? Will she spend all his money without telling him? Does she love her dog more than his kids? Will her family accept him?
- Amanda & Matt - from Elmwood Park, NJ. He's a mama's boy with two tattoos, one of them is the state of New Jersey filled in with the colors of the Italian flag and the other, of course, is the face of his mother tattooed on his back. She's a fiery Dominican girl who refuses to back down on anything. Will his mother's meddling ruin everything? Can she stay true to her roots? Are their cultural differences too much to overcome?
- Megin & Johnny – from Wood Ridge, NJ. He's trying to live up his self proclaimed title as the "Meatball King of New Jersey," although he is technically unemployed. She's hoping to give birth to their new baby as soon as possible so she can drop the baby weight in time for the wedding. Will she ever stop nitpicking him? Will he remember his own meatball recipe and earn some money already?
- Alyssa & Tyler – from Egg Harbor, NJ. She loves to party. He loves to party. Everyone in the family loves to party. Are these two ready to start acting like adults? Or are they already more responsible than their own party-hardy parents? Can they stop partying and stay sober long enough to plan their wedding?
- Sandra & Joey – Live with Joey's parents in Lynbrook, NY. She is clueless when it comes to cooking and cleaning and is most concerned about her backside being able to fit into her wedding dress. He's afraid of her meddling family. Will their volatile relationship blow up before the wedding? Will they even survive their joint bachelor and bachelorette party?
VH1's "My Big Friggin Wedding" is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano for 495 Productions. Executive producers for VH1 are Shelly Tatro, Rick Hankey, Kari McFarland and Jeff Olde. Sean Gottlieb serves as supervising producer.
VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 98 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, VH1Games and extensive broadband video on VH1.com. Connect with VH1 at VH1.com.
* All times ET/PT