Flint Brings Swipe-Free Mobile Payments App to the Google Play Store Leading Mobile Payment Solution Now Available For Android Users to Accept Credit Cards without Card Reader
BOSTON, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Flint Mobile today launched its swipe-free mobile payment app on the Google Play Store. The announcement was made at the Small Business Expo, the nation's largest B2B conference for small business owners and entrepreneurs, which was held today at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. The app is compatible with a broad range of Android devices used by small businesses and is free to download. Flint enables merchants to easily accept payments by scanning the card number instead of swiping through a reader. Users also can increase repeat and referral business through the app's integrated marketing tools.
Originally released for the iPhone in November of 2012, Flint is a mobile payment solution designed specifically for small businesses and their employees who work outside of traditional storefront and office environments. Users include photographers, therapists, consultants, fitness trainers, computer and IT professionals, caterers, crafts makers, contractors and beauty professionals, among many others. According to US Census data, at least 17 million small American businesses fall into this non-countertop category.
Compared to other mobile payment solutions, Flint provides five key advantages for non-countertop businesses:
- Easy credit and debit card processing – Flint scans card numbers using the smartphone camera. Transaction processing occurs in real-time. No card data or image is stored on the phone.
- Instant Setup – Merchants register online and begin accepting payments in minutes. No external card reader or merchant account is required.
- Highly customizable settings – Logos, receipts, menu options, sales taxes and tips can be configured within the app.
- Integrated social marketing – Flint makes it easy for customers to post reviews and recommendations on Facebook and company websites through the ordinary transaction flow.
- Flexible Reporting – With Flint, data belongs to the merchant. Users can view and download transaction history, customer contact information and social media activity.
Flint brings significant savings for many merchants by charging only 1.95% per debit card transaction and 2.95% per credit card transaction. According to research conducted by Mercator Advisory Group, debit cards remain the preferred payment method of American consumers.
"We've heard strong demand for Android and we're excited to bring Flint to a large new segment of customers," said Greg Goldfarb, co-founder and CEO of Flint Mobile. "Since launching on the iTunes App Store last year, we've enabled tens of thousands of mobile businesses and we think that our 'no card reader' approach will be compelling across the Android user base. With Flint, all you need is your phone and you're good to go."
To download Flint, visit the Google Play or iTunes stores. To learn more about Flint, visit www.flint.com.
About Flint Mobile, Inc.
Flint offers the easy way for mobile, non-countertop businesses to accept credit cards and to increase repeat and referral business via integrated marketing tools. Flint's free mobile apps enable users to process payments using only their phone - without any additional card readers. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Redwood City, California, Flint is backed by top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.flint.com.
SOURCE Flint Mobile, Inc.