SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- On February 21-23, 2017, global leaders in the footwear industry will convene at FN PLATFORM in Las Vegas. A subsidiary of UBM Fashion Group, the international showcase is the pillar in branded footwear featuring men's, women's, junior's and children's footwear brands from more than 20 countries. Always an exciting three days for the industry, this year FN PLATFORM unveiled a few new highlights and happenings.
"We want all show attendees to have a first-class experience," said Leslie Gallin, President of Footwear at UBM Fashion. "Our show floor lounges offer an elevated comfortable space to re-energize or meet with friends and colleagues. We also put a focus on the food selection and cocktail offerings as well as special enhancements like foot massages or hair and makeup retouching. This adds to the overall experience for the buyers, all under one roof.
NEW YEAR, NEW LOUNGES
- Broken into six distinct lifestyle neighborhoods – Black Diamond ,Cosmo, Camp, Bond, IN Play, and Zen – FN PLATFORM attendees can enjoy four beautifully appointed lounges featuring food and beverages throughout the show floor.
- Newly redecorated – Camp/Bond, Cosmo, IN Play and Zen – lounges will feature a complete refresh to provide a more modern aesthetic and streamlined look and feel.
STARS HIT SIN CITY
- BERLIN, most renowned for 'Take My Breath Away' will perform at FN PLATFORM's bi-annual Opening Night Concert. February 21, 2017 from 6pm to 7pm at the FN Café, on the show floor.
- Actress and singer, Kiersey Clemmons (Dope, Transparent, Extant) will make an appearance at the Coolway booth on Wednesday, February 22nd from 1pm to 3pm. Booth #80693, LVCC – South Hall.
- Taryn Rose, the originator for luxury comfort shoes for women, will relaunch her brand for Fall/Winter 2017. Meet and greet with the pioneer on Tuesday, February 21st and Wednesday, February 22nd from 10am to 4pm. Booth #80601, LVCC – South Hall, Level 1.
TRUMP & POLITICS & Dov Charney!
- It's been a 'squirrely' year in business and politics. Join some of the industry's leading voices as they speak about hot topics, such as the Trump administration's effect on the fashion business, in the seminar 'Looking Forward'. Tuesday, February 21st from 10:30am to 11:30am, S229, LVCC – South Hall.
- SPEAKERS: Dov Charney (former CEO of American Apparel and Founder of Los Angeles Apparel), Mark Burnstein (President, NGS Software), Erik D. Smithweiss (Partner, GDLSK LLP), Vincent Iacopella (EVP, Alba Group).
THE FUTURE IS 3-D
- PENSOLE Academy will host its bi-annual competition, but this time to find the shoe industry's best emerging 3D designers, who will showcase the use of 3D technology and personalization for footwear. Booth #82500, LVCC – South Hall, Level 1.
- For the first time outside of Paris's Première Classe, FN PLATFORM will introduce a French Pavilion. Under the guidance of ADC, 10 brands from France will be heading to Las Vegas. Brands include: Elodie Bruno, Gordana Dimitrijevic, Maison Jour Ferie, Le Flow Paris, Pairs in Paris, among others. Booth #80623, LVCC – South Hall, Level 1.
- Daily foot massages by Foot Petals inside FN PLATFORM's ZEN Lounge.
- Daily Hair and Makeup touch ups by Mobile Beauty inside the COSMO Lounge.
- Build-A-Bear: In partnership with Esquire Footwear, its footwear licensee, Build-A-Bear Workshop is coming to FN PLATFORM. Any bears remaining after the event will be donated to a local chapter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
FN PLATFORM continues to be where buyers and sellers converge to shop and shape the industry. In just six years, FN PLATFORM has grown from 100 exhibitors to over 1,600 exhibiting brands, representing over 30 countries across 200,000+ square feet. For additional information, please visit www.ubmfashion.com/shows/fn-platform.
About FN PLATFORM
Launched in February 2010 under the direction of UBM Fashion Group, President of Footwear Leslie Gallin, FN PLATFORM is North America's most influential footwear business forum - where the leaders and innovators converge to shape the industry, shop and sell shoes. Connecting the global fashion community at a single gathering, FN PLATFORM showcases the full spectrum of branded footwear — for men, women, juniors and children, across all categories, price points and trends. The carefully curated selections of established and emerging brands segmented into easy-to-navigate lifestyle neighborhoods offer attendees a comprehensive one-stop shop opportunity that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. For more information, please visit www.ubmfashion.com/shows/fn-platform.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion, technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and powersports, healthcare, veterinary and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. The division also includes UBM Brazil's market leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics & international trade, and agricultural production; and UBM Mexico's, construction, advanced manufacturing and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fn-platform-announces-exciting-show-lineup-300406738.html
SOURCE FN PLATFORM