HOUSTON, June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Foscam Inc. announces a new firmware update that optimizes P2P connection, enables the web UI Plugin to work with the newest Safari and Firefox browsers and deploys a strengthened security feature set.
"All Internet of Things (IoT) devices run the risk of being hacked, and this includes IP cameras. At Foscam, our users' security is our highest priority. IP cameras are more secure and reliable when consumers adopt basic security practices including firmware updates," says Chase Rhymes, Foscam's COO.
Foscam routinely engages with network professionals around the world to perform security testing on their cameras. They also provide 24/7 technical support and 2-year replacement warranties, in addition to firmware updates.
Consumers concerned about safeguarding their privacy and securing their IP cameras can follow these simple tips to prevent unauthorized access.
Foscam's Top Five Security Tips
1) Passwords Protect: Change the username and password. Passwords should be at least 8–10 characters or longer. Use a combination of lower and upper-case letters, numbers and special characters. (Foscam requires users to update their credentials before using the camera.)
2) Firmware Flash: Pay attention to new firmware updates to protect against unauthorized access and security risks. Consumers can download Foscam's latest firmware here.
3) Perfect Placement: Place cameras up high with a clear view of the surveillance area.
4) Reliable Storage: In the event a camera is damaged or stolen have all backup footage stored on a local computer, NAS drive, SD card or cloud service. Learn more about Foscam cloud services here.
5) Router Check: Always verify your privacy settings on the wifi enabled router or access point and ensure they have strong passwords.
"We urge all consumers to take these easy actionable steps and secure their IP cameras," states Rhymes. To learn more about Foscam's camera security see detailed Security Audit.
About Foscam Inc.
Foscam Inc. helps consumers secure and share their world from any place at any time. An innovative designer, developer, and manufacturer of IP surveillance products, Foscam has sold millions of security and surveillance products in more than 60 countries with operations around the world for over 10 years. Foscam is committed to providing consumers the safest, most affordably priced wireless security cameras, equipment and solutions on the market today.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/foscam-releases-firmware-update-and-offers-top-5-security-tips-for-consumers-using-ip-cameras-300478047.html
SOURCE Foscam Inc.