● A third of US respondents say they would consider exiting the traditional workplace to work as a freelancer or independent contractor.
● In addition, men are more likely than women to consider becoming an independent contractor, with nearly half of them say they would be willing to take the leap within the next three years
When giving the main reason for a change
● 39% of job seekers say the gig economy appeals to them because it offers a better work-life balance.
● while 21% of part-time workers say they would enjoy the freedom that goes with being your own boss.
Being happy matters as well:
● 84% of freelancers say they feel a sense of purpose working this way
● And 38% say they are strongly convinced they are happier than their counterparts in cubicles.
And although most people picture freelancers working from the local coffee shop, 41% work from home.
To see all results and read the full report, please click here.
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
T: +1 347 903 1913
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/freelance-workers-happy-in-the-home-office-embrace-the-gig-economy-300371642.html