Frost & Sullivan Honors CIO Innovators of the Year, CIO Game Changers and Best-in-Class CIO Impact Award Winners for 2014
Somayaji Bulusu of Marin General Hospital and Balaji Rangaswamy of Ricoh Americas Corporation honored at ConNEXTions 2014
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost & Sullivan honored IT leaders from Ricoh Americas Corp. along with Brown and Toland Physicians as top winners of their CIO Impact Awards program at ConNEXTions 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
Frost & Sullivan recognized recipients of the CIO Impact Awards Best-in-Class, Technology Partner, and CIO Game-Changer honors, at the awards gala held at the ConNEXTions 2014 Executive MindXchange.
Winners of the CIO Impact Awards are recognized as individuals and companies enabling breakthrough new business models and strategies through the innovative use of transformative technologies. Frost & Sullivan was pleased to present these awards, and congratulates all award recipients on their achievements.
Frost & Sullivan honored two CIO Innovators of the Year among all project award recipients. These recipients are CIOs whose teams had the most positive impact on their enterprises' strategic innovation, and who delivered a significant competitive advantage.
The recipients of the CIO Innovators of the Year went to:
- Somayaji Bulusu, CIO at Brown and Toland Physicians (formerly CIO of Marin General Hospital)
- Balaji Rangaswamy, Vice President of Information Technology at Ricoh Americas Corporation
Somayagi Bulusu, recipient of the medium-size enterprise CIO Innovator of the Year Award, dedicated this honor to his team at Marin General Hospital. He specifically recognized Dr. Susan Cumming, who he said was the principal supporter of the award-winning project.
"It was her brain-child project, and she was the driving force for its successful conclusion," said Bulusu, formerly Marin General's CIO, and now CIO of Brown and Toland Physicians. "I share this with her and on behalf of the entire hospital."
Frost & Sullivan also announced recipients of the CIO Impact Best-in-Class Awards. These were the companies that scored the highest in each of six CIO Impact Awards project categories.
The recipients of the CIO Impact Best-in-Class Awards are:
- Analytics & Big Data: SumAll
- Cloud Computing: McKesson Corp.
- Data & Network Resilience: OmniCom Media Group
- Enterprise Architecture: Ricoh Americas Corporation
- Mobility: Marin General Hospital
- Unified Communications: Amtec
"We are honored to receive the 2014 CIO Impact Award from Frost & Sullivan," said Dane Atkinson, CEO of SumAll. "Being recognized for helping businesses of all sizes tear down data silos by connecting sales, social, and web data all in a single place, is a major achievement for our team."
The CIO Game Changer Award went to:
- Tony Pizi, Chief Technology Officer and Managing Director of Platform Services, UBS
Frost & Sullivan also announced recipients of the CIO Impact Technology Partner Awards, given to providers who played important roles in winning projects.
The recipients of the CIO Impact Technology Partner Awards are:
- Burton Software
- Cicero, Inc.
- CloudBees, Inc.
- EarthLink Business
- ForeScout Technologies
To view the complete list of 2014 CIO Impact Award winners, visit: www.frost.com/cioawards
Each of the three winners of the top individual CIO Impact Awards delivered high levels of innovation and competitive advantage to his organization:
- Ricoh/Rangaswamy: After merging with IKON in 2010, the global maker of office imaging, printing, and document management products and services, launched an aggressive integration initiative that brought together HR, field services, CRM, and ERP systems, while also aggressively embracing mobile, social, and cloud technologies. The $60 million project is on target to deliver $360 million in savings to Ricoh.
- Marin General/Bulusu: In 2013, Marin General implemented the nation's first Mobile Care Transitions Network; a breakthrough mobile collaboration platform to connect in real-time multidisciplinary teams caring for patients as they transition from the hospital to other facilities or home. The system, used by all Marin General care providers and key post-discharge users from seven aftercare organizations, saves physicians up to one hour per shift by streamlining the patient transition process. And it has helped cut 30-day readmissions for patients age 65 and older by 22 percent.
- UBS/Pizi: The global financial services provider launched a breakthrough system that allows 7,000 financial advisors to securely access the complete account information of their wealth management clients on the go from iPad devices. Based on internally-developed technology and tools from Cicero, the system allowed financial advisors to access existing applications to enhance the customer experience.
The theme for the 2014 ConNEXTions Executive MindXchange was "Driving Innovation and Industry Transformation Through Information Technology." The event enables senior-level executives to embrace their increasingly strategic role as CIO, while building an action plan to reap more value from information technology investments.
For more information on the 2nd Annual ConNEXTions: A Frost & Sullivan executive MindXchange, go to: www.bestinformationtechnologyevent.com. For more information regarding the CIO Impact Awards & Gala, please go to: www.frost.com/cioawards.
Nominations for the 2015 CIO Impact Awards will open in April 2014.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
More by this Source
Marketing Empowered Sales is a Necessary Reboot for an Aging Model, Finds Frost & Sullivan
Apr 17, 2014, 14:00 ET
CORRECTION: Frost & Sullivan: GIL University Global HQ Launched in Iskandar, Malaysia
Apr 16, 2014, 23:36 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.