SOMERVILLE, N.J., June 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fullerton Automotive is partnering with CollegeSave, a national membership organization, to provide buyers of new and used cars a free membership featuring practical, proven solutions for saving for college, a Personal College Savings Roadmap®, homework help for kids, and an automated college savings program.
The unique program provides each qualifying customer a one-year membership in CollegeSave, with five major benefits designed to help families cover the cost of college for the children in their family.
"We are incredibly excited to offer this valuable new benefit to our customers," said Tom DiFiore, President at Fullerton Automotive. "We know families are struggling with the soaring cost of college tuition, and too many students here in New Jersey and across the country are forced to take out huge student loans in order to cover the cost of college."
"College tuition costs have risen by 100% since 2000 and college graduates carry an average of $37,100 in student loan debt," DiFiore noted. "For many families, this can mean the end of the American Dream – a college degree for their kids can be crucial to help them get ahead in life. We wanted to do our part to help the children in our local families have the best chance to succeed."
Fullerton CollegeSave members receive five important benefits to help families cover college costs, including:
- A Personal College Savings Roadmap® – a customized report to help families reach their college savings goals
- A Directory of Free Homework Helplines -- online or telephone support to help kids get good grades
- A Panel of Experts – email answers to members' questions on college selection, admission and savings
- A Smart Savings Newsletter – important advice every month on saving for college and tips for squeezing more savings out of tight family budgets
- Up to $4,000 Worth of College Tuition Discounts –each qualifying customer receives 1000 Tuition Discount points when they purchase a car and register an initial child as a beneficiary in the program; members will receive access every month to college planning and savings information and activities to earn 250 more Tuition Rewards points each month throughout their one-year membership. These might include, for example, a video or an article on 529 college savings accounts or a calculator to estimate their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) for college (the approximate amount they can expect to pay out of pocket for college costs after receiving financial aid for which they qualify).
Each point is worth a dollar in tuition discounts at participating colleges. Fullerton customers can designate their children, nieces, nephews, stepchildren, godchildren, and even grandchildren as recipients of the college tuition discounts, from birth to the beginning of the junior year in high school.
DiFiore pointed out that while college is very expensive, on average college graduates earn $1 million more over their lifetime than non-graduates. "We decided to make this commitment to our customers to help them accomplish the most significant thing they can do to ensure their children's financial future – provide them an affordable college education," he said.
To qualify for the free membership, customers purchase or lease a new or used car and register an initial child in the program. The tuition discount scholarships are capped at one year's tuition, utilized in four equal installments from freshman through senior year of college. The Tuition Discount points represent a guaranteed minimum scholarship that can be combined with other aid offered by the participating colleges.
Fullerton Automotive, located at 1034 US Highway 22 East, in New Jersey offers "wow" pricing on Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Ford vehicles.
"Our new CollegeSave Membership is just the latest way we say thank-you to our customers for choosing Fullerton," DiFiore said.
Fullerton Automotive - 1034 US Highway 22 East, Somerville, NJ 08876 (800-975-2500) www.fullerton.com
Contact: DEAN TUCCILLO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fullerton-automotive-launches-program-to-help-save-for-college-300479766.html
SOURCE Fullerton Auto Group