Fuze Meeting Transforms the iPad Into a Killer Web Conferencing Device Fuze Box's Fuze Meeting hits the app store with the first online and mobile meeting software that allows presentation straight from the iPad
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- It's back to school and after a summer of entertainment, it's back to work for your iPad. The popular tablet, which transformed summer reading, video viewing and game play welcomed a new business app today with the release of Fuze Meeting (http://fuze.me/ipad), the future of 'meetings in a pinch.' Unlike other mobile meeting offerings, Fuze Meeting is the first web conferencing service that allows you to run a meeting from your iPad, with the ease of the tablet's touch, pinch and point technologies. Fuze Meeting for the iPad aims to make your next online meeting as much fun as, well, playing with your iPad.
Your next meeting starts anywhere, any screen.
Fuze Box, has been developing next-generation mobile collaboration services for the past two years and today's iPad launch follows in successful products on iPhone, Android and Blackberry platforms.
New Fuze-abilities Include:
- Fuze Cloud – Cloud computing makes presentations and file sharing easy. Fuze Cloud enables you to pull any document or file directly from the server, saving valuable iPad storage space. You can also add content from your iPad straight into your meeting and then store it on the cloud for later. Both hosts and attendees can share, control, and present content from their iPad.
- Meetings in a Pinch – Attendees can now use the pinch/zoom feature in Apple products to control the pan/zoom levels for all other attendees in a session, whether they meet from a computer or mobile device.
- Get the Point – Fuze Box's iPoint™ Laser Technology transforms your finger into a digital laser pointer, viewable by all meeting participants.
- In-App VoIP – The addition of in-app VoIP overcomes the iPad's telephony limitations. Now you can hold full meetings on your iPad with or without a headphone attachment.
- Federated IM – Chat with and invite colleagues into collaboration sessions via integration with AIM, Yahoo, Google, OCS and others! See who is online and bring them into a meeting from wherever they are.
- Complete with In-App Account Creation – By enabling in-app account creation, Fuze Meeting users can meet exclusively from the iPad without ever booting up a desktop PC – making the app a truly mobile solution.
Check out the app in action in a video: http://fuze.me/vid
The Fuze Meeting service was created by Michael Buday, a former offline and online editor whose credits include The MTV Video Music Awards, The Simpsons and Curb Your Enthusiasm. He was the first online editor to bring an HD prime-time series to broadcast television (1998, Chicago Hope). Amusingly, the initial concept for Fuze Meeting came up as an alternative to spending endless hours commuting to and from Los Angeles and spending even more hours locked in a dark editing room.
"Fuze Meeting for the iPad is yet another step in our progress of becoming the premier mobile collaboration brand in the business," states Jeff Cavins, CEO of Fuze Box. "We believe that the convergence of faster networks, the power of the iPad and more than ever, the demand of the mobile professional represents the biggest step forward in collaboration in the past decade. With this in mind, we've spent two and a half years perfecting our cloud computing platform which has enabled us to build a loyal mobile user base, with the iPad being our most exciting launch to date."
"Because of Fuze Meeting on my iPad, I'm more productive, capable of collaborating with clients all over the world while I'm on the go," notes Rob Louv, former Principal at JP Morgan and Co-founder/Managing Partner of ArchPoint Partners. "Fuze Meeting for iPad is an indispensible application for my business which continues to push the iPad towards the critical enterprise tool."
The app and lite features are always free but as a special promotion, users will have access to all of the premium features for a limited time. Users can start a meeting immediately from their iPad by visiting the AppStore or downloading from http://fuze.me/app.
About Fuze Box:
Fuze Box is a leading platform provider of visual collaboration applications for 2.3 million end users across various businesses. Its applications - Fuze Meeting, Fuze Messenger, Fuze Movie and Tweetshare - allow people to communicate, collaborate and share content from any device, anywhere in the world. Fuze Meeting is a mobile and web-based collaboration service that features integrated audio conferencing as well as high- definition, synchronized video and image sharing. The company's technology is based on a real-time visual communications platform that converges telephony, high-definition, synchronized video and image sharing across the enterprise, the web and mobile networks. The company holds 17 patents and has over 44 more pending in the fields of telephony, web and visual media technologies to transform how professionals and individuals communicate. For more information, please visit www.fuzebox.com
VSCPR for Fuze Box
SOURCE Fuze Box