Gamesys Launches the World's First Real Cash Gaming App on the Facebook UK App Centre!
LONDON, August 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
From today (Tuesday, 7th August), Facebook users aged 18 and over in the UK will be able to play games for real cash prizes thanks to the launch of Bingo & Slots Friendzy, the new Jackpotjoy application by Gamesys.
Gamesys, which operates the UK's leading Bingo and Slots website Jackpotjoy.com, has marked itself in the history books of online gaming with the launch of its new Jackpotjoy gaming app, Bingo & Slots Friendzy, on Facebook's UK App Centre enabling adult users to play real cash games and win huge cash Jackpots with their friends for the first time on the Social Networking platform.
The Friendzy App comprises of a series of 90 Ball Bingo and Slots games which will offer the Facebook community the opportunity to play with and win real money. Players will enjoy a safe and trusted gaming experience with unique features like:
- Community Progressive Jackpots, when they pop everyone's a winner
- Friendzy Bonus games which gives players chances to win free bingo tickets
- Friendzy Time offers extra ball calls meaning more winners after every Bingo game
- Invite a Friend Rewards will result in enhanced payouts when invited friends play in the same game
"As the UK's leading online Instant Win and Bingo operator we are committed to extending our products to a wider adult audience," explains Jackpotjoy Managing Director Michael Saunders, "so we've reinvented our exclusive Bingo and Slots games to appeal to the UK Facebook community. This marks an exciting turning point for the industry and a milestone for the Gamesys business."
"People love playing new types of games with their friends on Facebook and real money gaming is a popular leisure activity in the UK," continues Julien Codorniou, Head of EMEA Gaming Partnerships. "We're delighted to be working with Gamesys to enable them to offer their games on Facebook so that people can enjoy playing more games with their friends."
Bingo & Slots Friendzy will only be available to Facebook users in the UK and in line with regulatory requirements, only users aged 18+ will be able to play. A series of controls will be in place to protect under 18s and vulnerable people while enabling adult Facebook users to enjoy the gaming experience:
- Before being permitted to play, users will be subject to strict account acceptance controls verifying their identity, and that they are over 18 and located in the UK.
- Thanks to Facebook's age-gating and geo-location technology the applications, pages and newsfeed activity of the Games will not be visible to users under 18 years old and only visible to those in the UK.
- In line with industry standard gambling legislation, all users will have access to a number of self-help tools to limit their spending and exclude themselves from playing at anytime.
THE GAMESYS GROUP
The Gamesys Group was founded by Noel Hayden in April 2001 with a small team of developers. The aim was to build a profitable online entertainment business providing games to a worldwide audience using proprietary gaming software.
After eleven years, the Gamesys Group's leading brand, Jackpotjoy is the UK's leading online instant win and bingo site with over 4 million players. Jackpotjoy pays out in excess of GBP 200 million in prize money every month. The success of http://www.jackpotjoy.com/ has established the Gamesys Group as one of the UK's leading online gaming businesses. Gamesys also operate Sun Bingo, Heart Bingo, Caesars Bingo and Caesars Casino in the UK.
Jackpotjoy is licensed by Profitable Play Limited and regulated by the government of Gibraltar.
As a GamCare Certified operator Gamesys take the issue of responsible gaming extremely seriously and are committed to providing a safe, fair and enjoyable responsible gaming service and providing members with the highest levels of player protection.