LEXINGTON, Ky., Jan. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc., a global technology leader, today announced that it has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant by leading industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. in its Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services1 for the fifth consecutive year.
- Gartner defines Managed Content Services (MCS) as "a comprehensive solution that rationalizes, streamlines and optimizes business communications inside the organization by providing customers with consultative help, software and implementation. In the early stages of maturation, it is tightly coupled with managed print services and focuses on communications inside the organization."
- According to Gartner, "Leaders provide MPS and MCS to a wide range of customers, including the largest and most geographically dispersed, so they must demonstrate a truly global reach. They must demonstrate not only the skills to deliver today's MPS and MCS, but also the understanding, initiative and resources to prepare for tomorrow's MPS and MCS. Leaders characteristically augment the full scope of MPS with a wide range of added-value services. As a result, they are frequently shortlisted by large and midsize customers."
- Other recent recognition for Lexmark in addition to a Leader position in the Magic Quadrant includes:
- Within the last 24 months, Lexmark has competed for and won 23 MPS contracts with companies listed on either the Global 500 or Fortune 500 lists, representing new, incremental business to Lexmark. Lexmark also retained existing MPS customers, reporting a 96 percent renewal rate in the last five years.
"Lexmark provides our MPS customers a robust set of industry-specific and horizontal solutions that allow them to streamline and improve critical business processes across their organization," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "We believe Gartner's recognition confirms Lexmark's leadership in providing leading-edge managed print and managed content solutions to the largest companies in the world."
1 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services, Ken Weilerstein | Tomoko Mitani, 21st December 2015
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchant.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.