NEW YORK, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Geothermal power investments are driven by pressing concerns over global warming and energy security. There are significant risks involved with initial exploration and drilling, but favourable regulatory environments – including tax incentives and land permits – can do much to facilitate further developments in the sector. Besides from being a clean and renewable energy source with a low levelised cost of electricity, geothermal power is also suitable for base load electricity generation and thus has the potential to become the backbone of local grid systems.
Visiongain forecasts that capital expenditure (capex) and operational expenditure (opex) on geothermal power developments will total $7.99bn in 2016. In 2015 there were 25 countries using geothermal sources to generate electricity. Currently there are 75 countries that are planning to carry out geothermal developments in the foreseeable future.
The report will answer questions such as:
- How is the geothermal power market evolving?
- What is driving and restraining the geothermal power market?
- What are the market shares of the power plant types and leading national producers in the overall geothermal power market in 2016?
- How will each geothermal power submarket segment grow over the forecast period and how much capex and opex will these submarkets account for in 2026?
- How will the market shares for each geothermal power submarket develop from 2016-2026?
- How will political and regulatory factors influence the leading national markets and technology submarkets?
- Will leading national geothermal power producers broadly follow macroeconomic dynamics, or will individual country sectors outperform the rest of the economy?
- How will the market shares of the national markets change by 2026 and which geographic region will lead the market up to this year?
- Who are the leading players and what are their prospects over the forecast period?
- What are the growth potentials for existing players and the prospects for new market entrants?
Five reasons why you must order and read this report today:
1. The report provides opex, capex and capacity forecasts from 2016 to 2026, plus analysis, for 10 national markets and the rest of the world, providing unique insight into geothermal power industry developments:
- The USA
- New Zealand
- Rest of the World
2. The report also offers opex, capex and capacity forecasts from 2016 to 2026 for 5 geothermal power plant types:
- Dry steam
- Flash steam
- Binary cycle
- Other technologies
3. Expert opinion from Kalahari Geoenergy CEO Peter Vivian-Neal and AltaRock Energy President Susan Petty is provided, reflecting on:
- Global geothermal developments
- Geothermal developments in the US
- Geothermal developments in Kenya
- Project financing
- The future of different power plant technologies
4. Tables and analysis detail the top 8 geothermal equipment suppliers, including their existing market shares:
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Fuji Electric
- Ansaldo Energia
- General Electric
- Tas Energy
5. Existing and future geothermal installed capacity is heavily analysed:
- Market share by power plant type
- Market share by national market
- List of existing geothermal power plants
- List of announced geothermal projects
Don't miss out
This report is essential reading for anyone in the global geothermal market. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise those important market opportunities and understand the possibilities that are out there. Order the Global Geothermal Power Market 2016-2026 now. We look forward to receiving your order.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03607515-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001