RACINE, Wis., Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season, Glade® invites consumers to explore their emotions at The Museum of Feelings, an interactive experience built to showcase the beautiful connection between scent and emotion. Visitors will be taken on a sensory journey through the Museum, where Glade® fragrances act as the muse to inspire visitors to explore their emotions.
Last night, host and popular singer, songwriter and actress, Becky G performed an acoustic set at the curtain-raising launch of The Museum of Feelings. Becky G, known for her hit single, "Shower", also tried out the technology in the various galleries to see her emotions come to life.
"As an artist, I am constantly bringing my emotions to life through my music," said Becky G. "The Museum of Feelings is brought together in such a cool way by Glade® and its design partners – it really does show how fragrance can impact our emotions. We all need more ways to express ourselves!"
A structure and experience that truly is the first-of-its kind, the exterior of The Museum of Feelings will change color based on the mood of New York City. The mood is determined using the sentiment of conversations by New Yorkers on Twitter, coupled with local news and trends including the weather, stock exchange fluctuations and flight delays.
This interactive installation is free and open to the public until December 15.
Visitors to The Museum of Feelings will first experience a responsive mood wall where they can see their shadows break apart into the colors represented throughout the space before moving into five unique galleries that reflect the mood of each visitor. The immersive galleries, each inspired by Glade® fragrances, allow museum-goers to experience how the sense of smell, in partnership with the other four senses, create the emotions we feel. Temperature will change, wind will blow and disappear, and subtle fragrances will punctuate and heighten the experience. Each zone will feature a different scent and emotion including:
- Feel Optimistic: The first zone, inspired by Glade® Radiant Berries fragrance, will feature layers of reflective and sheer curtains that guide guests to the center of the room. Using a reflective pass card, each guest will be able to activate sensors that trigger ambient audio and light as they go through the space.
- Feel Joyful: Visitors will explore a virtual forest inspired by the Glade® Balsam & Fir Limited Edition Winter Collection fragrance. With mirrored and reflective surfaces on the floor and walls, the forest will appear infinite from above and below. Scented lanterns will react to light making for a magical, fragrant moment.
- Feel Invigorated: As visitors move into the Invigorated space, inspired by the Glade® Blue Odyssey™ scent, they will be surrounded and tracked by a halo of color and motion that can be experienced in 3-D. The halo will react to your motions and speed as you move about the room and lead you to the scent beacons in the space, causing your halo to react.
- Feel Exhilarated: Enter a virtual kaleidoscope in the Exhilarated space, where visitors can control the floral images that are displayed throughout the station, and be rewarded with the scent of Blooming Peony & Cherry™.
- Feel Calm: Upon entering the Calm exhibit, inspired by the Glade® Lavender & Vanilla fragrance, visitors will be walking among the clouds. Every three minutes a new cloud will be created while ambient lighting and sound complement the calming feeling.
To support the Museum, Glade® collaborated with Twitter to generate the world's first ever 'MoodLens', profile picture that will change based on feelings. When users visit the Retail Lounge at the Museum they have the opportunity to create the 'MoodLens,' an emotionally generated selfie that changes to reflect feeling. Additionally, the 'MoodLens' is accessible to those who can't attend the Museum of Feelings in person, as it is available for online users. Simply visit the website: www.themuseumoffeelings.com, and follow the step-by-step instructions to make your emotions part of your profile.
The Museum of Feelings is open to the public for a limited time this holiday season and is located at Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey St., in New York's Financial District. It is free and open to the public from Nov. 24 through Dec. 15, Mon. – Sat. (11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.), and Sun. (11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.).
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, TANA®, BAMA®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE®, and RIDSECT®. The 129-year-old company, that generates $9 billion in sales, employs nearly 12,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com
HI-RES IMAGES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glade-brings-emotions-to-life-through-the-power-of-scent-at-the-museum-of-feelings-300183786.html
SOURCE SC Johnson