NEW YORK, June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Increasing adoption of lightweight materials and growing market for sunroofs to drive the automotive polycarbonate glazing market"
The automotive polycarbonate glazing market is projected to reach USD 3.94 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 17.53% from 2016 to 2021. This growth can be attributed to the increasingly stringent emission norms, which have prompted OEMs to switch to lightweight materials. Additionally, the growing demand for luxury cars has increased the demand for sunroofs, which are a key application of polycarbonate glazing.
"Sidelite: the fastest-growing application market for polycarbonate glazing"
Sidelites are projected to constitute the largest application market for polycarbonate glazing by 2021. Other applications of polycarbonate include backlite, sunroof, and lighting. There are currently no restrictions on the use of polycarbonate in sidelites. Considering the current scenario, the use of polycarbonate sidelites in the automotive sector is bound to increase.
"Lighting: the largest application market for polycarbonate glazing in 2016"
Polycarbonate has replaced glass in automotive headlamp/tail lamp lens applications. Almost all vehicles manufactured today have headlamp/tail lamp lens made of polycarbonate, as it is lightweight and can be molded into the complex shapes and sizes featured in today's headlamps. As every vehicle produced has a pair of headlamps and tail lamps, lighting is estimated to be the largest application market for polycarbonate glazing.
"Asia-Oceania: the largest market for automotive polycarbonate glazing"
Asia-Oceania is estimated to be the largest and fastest-growing market for automotive polycarbonate glazing, closely followed by North America. North America has one of the highest technology adoption rates, with newer technologies being adopted rapidly in the region. However, Asia-Oceania is the largest producer of automobiles in the world, and given the region's low technology penetration rate, the Asia-Oceania automotive polycarbonate glazing market is expected to grow at a faster rate than that of the North American market.
The study also contains insights from various industry experts, ranging from industry associations to Tier-1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type - Tier-1 - 43 %, Tier-2 - 29%, OEM - 28%
- By Designation - C level - 48%, D level - 33%, Others - 19%
- By Region - North America - 34%, Europe - 30%, Asia-Oceania - 26%, RoW – 10%
Assuming a scenario where polycarbonate is allowed to be used in windscreen applications, advanced applications such as head-up displays and large windscreens would begin penetrating the market. Other advanced applications that are not dependent on market regulations, such as switchable glazing, hydrophobic glazing, and sun control glazing, are expected to slowly penetrate the market during the forecast period.
The following companies shave been profiled in the report.
- FREEGLASS GMBH & CO. KG
- COVESTRO AG (BAYER)
- IDEMITSU KOSAN CO., LTD.
- TEIJIN LTD.
- MITSUBISHI ENGINEERING-PLASTICS CORPORATION
- KRD SICHERHEITSTECHNIK GMBH
- CHI MEI CORPORATION
- TRINSEO S.A.
Reasons to buy this report:
In terms of insights provided, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the automotive polycarbonate glazing market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on automotive polycarbonate glazing offered by top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the automotive polycarbonate glazing market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets; the report analyzes the markets for automotive polycarbonate glazing across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the global automotive polycarbonate glazing market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global automotive polycarbonate glazing market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03893216-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glazing-market-by-polycarbonate-material-application-advanced-application-on-highway--off-highway-vehicles-and-by-region---forecast-to-2021-300288190.html